+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: RIFT Requires DirectX 9 - Missing Buttons On Character Creation Screen

Soulwalker

Unhappy Same problem

I have not been able to log into a character screen with buttons to select a server add characters etc. I have access to a technical support team (non Rift/Glyph) that access's my computer remotely showed them this forum & while one session they were able to load additional characters when I viewed the screen there was no bag access or icons to do settings etc. I am paid a year in advance but have not been able to play since Summerfest. How would I go about getting Glyph or Rift technical support or remote support. Have upgraded to windows 10 in an effort to fix as well all to no avail?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dadrhus View Post
    Have upgraded to windows 10 in an effort to fix as well all to no avail?
    Windows 10 wouldn't have the full, backward compatible DirectX 9.0c files Rift needs to run.

Use this link and let it update any missing files:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109
    Last edited by Slipmat; 07-19-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Same problem

Clicked the link downloaded this file to the same file folder my tech support people used by hitting "overwrite all" loaded game after re booting and still same problem. Anything or other ideas for a solution would be greatly appreciated

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2