+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fasti

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Save file lost

Soulwalker

Default Save file lost

I was playing my level 17 mage in Rift while the game was downloading. (It had downloaded enough for me to play, but it wasn't done with everything). It notified me that the download had stopped because of an interrupted connection. This had happened a couple times before, and I knew that I had to exit Rift to restart the connection. I quit Rift, and restarted the connection. I then pressed the "Riftconnect" button, and made a legit, non-guest account through Facebook. When I started Rift again, my save file was lost.

I know that level 17 isn't terribly far, but still.

Any ideas how to get it back?

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

I have some good news! Your characters are saved on our side, so if you didn't directly take the action of deleting the character, there is no risk that the character is lost.

That said, there are a few ways to lose sight of a character. If you are logged in with a different email address than the one tied to the character, this will happen. It will also happen if you are looking on the wrong shard, or logged into the wrong game region. Next time you are at the character selection screen click the Shard button and check the other shards for your character.

If you still can't find the character, submit a ticket and our support team will get you squared away. Just let them know the character name and any other details you can recall.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Fasti; 06-18-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Soulwalker

Actually, when I opened the game from scratch through steam, my character showed up again, so I guess the problem fixed itself. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm guessing it had to do with the "Riftconnect" button. But I'll keep your advice in mind if it ever happens again.

Thanks, anyway.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Absolutely! If you see the problem again, let me know and we will make sure to get it squared away as soon as possible.

+ Reply to Thread