Closed Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Disconnected repeatedly then banned

Shadowlander

Default Disconnected repeatedly then banned

Hello fellow Rift players.

I'm making this post in case someone else went through the same ordeal I'm currently going through and hopefully make Trion react.

So, Sunday, I was raiding FT with my guild. It all went well up to the point I started experiencing huge FPS drop (I run the game around 30 and then suddenly I had 4)

My immediate reaction was display issues, and I had not updated my nvidia drivers in a while, so I shut down Rift, downloaded and installed the drivers, ended up with NVidia Game Experience installed, which I did not want but I guess it can't hurt. I logged back in game, it lasted less than 1 minute, and I got disconnected. I reconnected, same thing happened.

The 3rd time is when I got the message : "Forbidden to play on the server". I was pissed, but I decided to wait it out. Made a ticket for good measure.

Monday, I had the same message so I didn't play.

Today (Tuesday) I wanted to see if I was still unable to access Rift, so I started it at work to see if I was still locked out, turns out I was not, anymore. Less than 1 minute later I was disconnected, so I assume I had been hacked somehow then changed my password. I logged again, same disconnection, so I tried from home again using TeamViewer. Same thing, now with a different flavor, I had been banned for "Using a 3rd party software".

I logged into another F2P account I had created a while ago. No disconnects!!! no Ban!!

Has this problem ever happened to someone else, since this is the reply from Trion when I appealed:

"Unfortunately we will not be able to divulge any information other than the program you were using is against policy, we will not confirm if the program was, or was not in any screenshot, and we will not confirm whether or not we see any IPs connecting. "

Basically, they're calling me a dirty hacker. I have owned this account for 3 years, spent a lot of money on this game, and now they call me a dirty hacker and offer no resources to diagnose what happened, which can only be a false positive, or I have something running that should not and I can't look for it because they won't tell me what it's called...

I scanned with MSSE, Malware Bytes and Rogue Killer, they did not detect anything suspicious aside from some reg values for Rogue Killer

I do not run special keyboard/mouse drivers, no other software was running at the time but skype, peerblock, utorrent, battle.net launcher thingy, teamviewer, Ventrilo, probably Chrome and MSSE.

I am at a loss, and I'm scared that account will just get banned again when I log back on it, since nothing happened between the disconnects and now.

Soulwalker

This is happening to me as well. Started yesterday. All I was trying to do was que up for instant adventure. I was disconnected from the server and then forbidden. Today I was able to log on - I was no longer forbidden but I continued to disconnect from the server every 30 seconds to one minute.

Any ideas what is going on?

I don't know, but that's the type of auto-response when the systems detects what is deemed a 3rd party software influencing the game. Or it thinks it does.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Soulwalker

I have Symantec endpoint protection and I have scanned repeatedly. It does not find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Newriftgamer View Post
    I have Symantec endpoint protection and I have scanned repeatedly. It does not find anything.
    It may not be a virus. Do you have any macro key software running? You may not be using it for rift but the client detects it anyhow. I used to have something like Hotkey, due to aged hands and a tad of carpel. Went through the same thing even though I wasn't using it for Rift (really, honestly folks!).

I ticketed the issue and CS responded that it could be a problem and recommend a programmable keyboard to use if I chose to use it for Rift.

Just a thought.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Shadowlander

Sadly I'm not using anything different than I've always been using, except for that Nvidia experience program that installed along with the drivers, but I suppose if it was that the forums would be flaming. What's worse is, if that is indeed a 3rd party running without my knowledge and interfering, that a F2P account doesn't trigger the disconnects! (level filter??)

more on this with my unban tomorrow...

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

If anyone wants to appeal action taken on an account, we have this page on how to submit an appeal.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DeatyPoo View Post
    Sadly I'm not using anything different than I've always been using, except for that Nvidia experience program that installed along with the drivers, but I suppose if it was that the forums would be flaming. What's worse is, if that is indeed a 3rd party running without my knowledge and interfering, that a F2P account doesn't trigger the disconnects! (level filter??)

more on this with my unban tomorrow...
    Could it be that something on your work PC or the server it's on may have been detected as third party software that is not allowed and it just took a little while for the detection software to process the ban?
    Asharak@zaviel: 60 Rogue
    Ashorath@zaviel: 60 Warrior
    Pinestone@zaviel: 60 Cleric

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    If anyone wants to appeal action taken on an account, we have this page on how to submit an appeal.
    I did just that, but the support staff assumes their system is 100% flawless and will of course not appeal it, since their logs shows I'm a dirty hacker, not an honest customer with a genuine problem.

I logged in today and it did not disconnect me, whatever it was, it stopped messing with my account, but I still deplore the fact that there is now a stain on my account and that I'm treated like a hacker.

Soulwalker

I may have had Microsoft 365 running in the background. I really have nothing else (that I am aware of). I play from home on my own wireless connection. Last night I was disconnected about 10 - 15 times. I was not banned however.

I deleted and reinstalled Rift to see if that will help.

Thanks to all.

Soulwalker

yeah, on a holiday weekend! just running out of meridian into freemarch. hit the stairs and dropped into mid air, load screen, then random teleport to the ocean off ember isle. swam for ****s and giggles thinking i would just die of fatigue and actually made it, after being on the island for about 30 sec i got a load screen and ended up back in meridian at the portal. tried running out of meridian again and bam load screen at the stairs. it dced me and when i tried to relog, forbidden from logging into server.
    after submitting a ticket, they tell me i have illegal third party software running on my machine. nope, just the same stuff as always and the same stuff thats on my wifes, exactly the same.

Rift Moderator

Please do not bring threads that are 3 years old back from the dead. Start a new thread if you can not find a recent thread to add your voice to. Thank you!

Closed Thread