+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wednesday's Patch

Default Wednesday's Patch

Here is my issue, Before the Wednesday patch(specifically 3am that morning) I was playing rift fine, After I patched the game, I was unable to play an was causing massive issues to my computer. Turns out something in the rift patch deleted files in my recovery drive ( D drive is my recovery drive, even though rift Is in C drive) found out later that night when having to reset my computer back to factory settings.

I cannot say how saddening this is, I have been a player since the game went F2P, But now I will not be able to play because I don't have the data usage monthly to have to reinstall the 15+ GB of the game again, and I urgently recommend Looking into this
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

I am very sorry to hear you are running into issues. I can assure you that our patch data won't cause software on a second drive to be uninstalled. I'm not sure what caused the issues with your backup drive, but I'd make sure to do a full scan of your system for any possible viruses or malware, just to be safe.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GM Fasti View Post
    I am very sorry to hear you are running into issues. I can assure you that our patch data won't cause software on a second drive to be uninstalled. I'm not sure what caused the issues with your backup drive, but I'd make sure to do a full scan of your system for any possible viruses or malware, just to be safe.
    This for sure. The patcher is not capable of deleting anything from anywhere except in the designated location of the Rift files, and again cannot delete any file except a rift file. Something is not right if you have files deleting themselves, I would suggest doing a full virus scan as well as downloading MalwareBytes and doing a malware scan with that.
    Asharak@zaviel: 60 Rogue
    Ashorath@zaviel: 60 Warrior
    Pinestone@zaviel: 60 Cleric

Well I removed everything and reinstalled windows(Turns out I messed something up when the computer tried backing up files(it does it itself every couple months), I'm currently downloading rift again(ill have to pay extra on my internet bill) But is there a way to only download the most recent update and the game to be up to date? or is there way to download compressed versions of the patches and manually install them?
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post
    This for sure. The patcher is not capable of deleting anything from anywhere except in the designated location of the Rift files, and again cannot delete any file except a rift file. Something is not right if you have files deleting themselves, I would suggest doing a full virus scan as well as downloading MalwareBytes and doing a malware scan with that.
    Yea I have CC cleaner/Malwarebytes and AVG 2014, None of them found any problems before I completely re-installed windows

Soulwalker

Default A solution to decrease downloading

If you have a friend that has the game as well you can use a usb drive (one thats large enough) or an external hard drive to transfer all of the game files to your computer instead of downloading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoare View Post
    If you have a friend that has the game as well you can use a usb drive (one thats large enough) or an external hard drive to transfer all of the game files to your computer instead of downloading them.
    Well that wont happen lol, I'm pretty anti social, just downloaded it and is running smooth once again

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    Well that wont happen lol, I'm pretty anti social, just downloaded it and is running smooth once again
    Very glad you are up and running again!

One thing you can try, if everything is running smoothly now, is copying your RIFT installation folder to a second driver or USB memory stick and keep it in a safe place. That way, you'll have the installation up to this point and will only need to patch data that is released after this point.

Very glad you are up and running again!

One thing you can try, if everything is running smoothly now, is copying your RIFT installation folder to a second driver or USB memory stick and keep it in a safe place. That way, you'll have the installation up to this point and will only need to patch data that is released after this point.
    I submitted a ticket about it but will post here as well, I finished downloading rift about 1pm on 5-17-2014, and I was able to play for a few hours without lag then I start getting huge graphic lag, fps says about 25(the approx range, wasnt blow 20 and wasnt higher than 30), I can alt tab only when it starts lagging and my CPU/RAM/DISK %used wasnt even 50% in the task manager, Graphics card is up to date as well, did a scan before I posted here and nothing harmful was found on the computer.

I'm not the only one experiencing this cause when i was playing smoothly I asked others if they had issues with graphcis lag recently and they said they have

Also a note, Like I stated earlier, I was playing Wednesday morning until patch time fine, but after the patch was successful rift became almost unplayable for me. I'm really not sure what I could do, I dont know what exactly the problem is either

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    I submitted a ticket about it but will post here as well, I finished downloading rift about 1pm on 5-17-2014, and I was able to play for a few hours without lag then I start getting huge graphic lag, fps says about 25(the approx range, wasnt blow 20 and wasnt higher than 30), I can alt tab only when it starts lagging and my CPU/RAM/DISK %used wasnt even 50% in the task manager, Graphics card is up to date as well, did a scan before I posted here and nothing harmful was found on the computer.

I'm not the only one experiencing this cause when i was playing smoothly I asked others if they had issues with graphcis lag recently and they said they have

Also a note, Like I stated earlier, I was playing Wednesday morning until patch time fine, but after the patch was successful rift became almost unplayable for me. I'm really not sure what I could do, I dont know what exactly the problem is either
    I haven't been seeing widespread issues with performance since this patch, so submitting that ticket will be our best bet. Our support team will work with you one on one to get you all fixed up.

Sorry for the headaches, but we will do our best to get you running smoothly again as soon as possible.

I haven't been seeing widespread issues with performance since this patch, so submitting that ticket will be our best bet. Our support team will work with you one on one to get you all fixed up.

Sorry for the headaches, but we will do our best to get you running smoothly again as soon as possible.
    Had another video card update, just updated it and now the game doesnt load at all. I log into the patcher, hit play and it doesnt load then I get the error report(like when the game crashes)
    and i hit send report and restart and it just keeps loading the error report thing(like when the game crashes) and There is no error code at all,

Yeah turns out the update to my graphic card makes it impossible for my computer to launch rift, I hit play and it crashes with no error code and everytime I click send report and restart it resends me the option to send error report and restart. Have tried logging in and out of Patcher(client? idk what it is called) and nothing changed. Also the option to roll back the driver is greyed out, so doing that is impossible

I got in for a couple hours and now when I try to get in I get error code #1020.

do the steps from https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...20error%201020 work for windows 8 users? or is there another thing I need to do?

Edit:Got Dxdiag to work, gonna respond to the ticket with it, but I still get the error code #1020 from the patcher/client
    Last edited by Redhead; 05-18-2014 at 08:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread