+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tigsman

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cannot see Weapon

Default Cannot see Weapon

Since Update 2.7 I am having a weapon issue I can no longer see my "Insidious Furious Rhenium Dagger(s)". I can see my bow but my daggers do not show up. I tried replacing my daggers with other weapons in the same weapon slot and it allows me to see those weapons but still not the daggers (it still looks as though I am still holding them). I have tried restarting Rift and using the recovery option but I still do not see them nor can any of my friends when I am wearing them. Any solutions or ideas to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated!

I have seen this since 2.6 actually. With 7 sets of wardrobe (including the equipment wardrobe slot) 2 of them have this issue one of them being the equipment set. I have yet to see a fix. Using one of my other wardrobe slots seem fine. I think it *may* have to do with the fact I show the helm in those sets

T

Are you saying that your outfit may have something to do with your weapons showing? I may have to check that out to see if changing outfits will make a difference. I have actually have had this issue in the past but restarting Rift usually fixes it but now it doesn’t. Thanks for your reply!

Soulwalker

i can't see my pvp weapons , i tried everything - if i equip my PVE weapons i can see those fine,
    i can also onli see bow but no melee weapon any fix for this??

Quote Originally Posted by SassyArcher View Post
    Are you saying that your outfit may have something to do with your weapons showing? I may have to check that out to see if changing outfits will make a difference. I have actually have had this issue in the past but restarting Rift usually fixes it but now it doesn’t. Thanks for your reply!

Yes my outfit seems related to the view issue. Restarting does not fix it for me, it will fix the other long term bug, not seeing glow effects, especially on weapons. Restart of client fixes that issue, at least for a short time.

T
    Last edited by Tigsman; 05-09-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigsman View Post
    Yes my outfit seems related to the view issue. Restarting does not fix it for me, it will fix the other long term bug, not seeing glow effects, especially on weapons. Restart of client fixes that issue, at least for a short time.

T
    I tried changing my outfit and for me and that doesn't make my daggers appear at all, other than my daggers I don't seem to have an issue. My Bow/Gun (or my outfit) was never an issue it seems like one handed weapons are the only ones that are having an issue (but not all of them) from what I have been hearing. Bows, Staffs, etc., seem to not be an issue. It really is so annoying not seeing your weapon and restarts like I said no longer help. I did contact support so hopefully it will be addressed soon.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Hey all,

If you get a chance, can you submit a bug report in game?

I will report it on my side as well, and just want to make sure we get as much information as possible.

Thanks!

TY Fasti, but I think I finally nailed it, any wardrobe set (even default equipment set) that has the cape visible, will not show sheathed weapons.

I will submit in game too, but I wanted you to know my findings.

T

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

TY Fasti, but I think I finally nailed it, any wardrobe set (even default equipment set) that has the cape visible, will not show sheathed weapons.

T
    Thanks very much! I will make sure to pass this along.

I'm glad this is being recognized, thank you as well Fasti! I will see about submitting a bug report in game as well.

Tigsman, are you saying that you think it is the cape? You have an issue when it is visible? I always have my cape hidden so I am wondering what that would mean for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyArcher View Post
    I'm glad this is being recognized, thank you as well Fasti! I will see about submitting a bug report in game as well.

Tigsman, are you saying that you think it is the cape? You have an issue when it is visible? I always have my cape hidden so I am wondering what that would mean for me.
    My issues does seem related to the cape slot being turned on in the wardrobe set i am currently using at the time. If it's on, I won't see sheathed weapons.

If your cape slot is unchecked in the wardrobe set you are using, then it's likely a different issue.

T
    Last edited by Tigsman; 05-10-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Soulwalker

Got the same problem with this dagger its just invisble ;/ and probably the dagger from rift shop (Empyreal Hero's Dagger) is invisible too after this patch...

I have a similar Issue

I can recreate the version with regards to the cape slot tick/unticked.

But on another hand I some weapons that just don't display at all. One being the Freelancer's Furious Shiv dagger.

Just switching between them without changing anything else makes the Shiv not display. Switching back to the my normal main hand or off hand displays normally.

PS: have submitted an in-game bugged report as advised above.
    Last edited by Surgedragon360; 05-11-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
    LVL 60 Rogue (P90) <> LVL 60 Cleric
    LVL 60 Warrior <> LVL 'ing Mage
    Blades don't need reloading

Quote Originally Posted by Surgedragon360 View Post
    I have a similar Issue

I can recreate the version with regards to the cape slot tick/unticked.

But on another hand I some weapons that just don't display at all. One being the Freelancer's Furious Shiv dagger.

Just switching between them without changing anything else makes the Shiv not display. Switching back to the my normal main hand or off hand displays normally.

PS: have submitted an in-game bugged report as advised above.
    Do you see your range weapon instead of your 1 handers? I think there was a recent keybind change. Z vs Shift-Z.

After seeing your other thread it's possible you have missing artwork and is a different bug.

T
    Last edited by Tigsman; 05-11-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Yeah its that particular weapon in my case..

All things work normally, normally switching between ranged and melee happens without issue,

Equipping the Shiv and "poof" no visuals for that particular hand the Shiv is in. Switch it out with
    regular weapon (in this case a neuroshapel) its display returns normally.

I agree and its seems to be missing artwork or and line of code linking the Shiv to its visual.
    ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
    LVL 60 Rogue (P90) <> LVL 60 Cleric
    LVL 60 Warrior <> LVL 'ing Mage
    Blades don't need reloading

+ Reply to Thread