+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Constant crash to desktop

Soulwalker

Default Constant crash to desktop

Hardware: R9 290 (latest WHQL driver) , i5 3570k , 8gb ram, SSD, win 7 64 bit, using the steam client.

Hi,
    I reinstalled RIFT a couple of days ago and since then it will crash to desktop with no warning at least once every 20 minutes. I have the option to send error report and restart or close and restart, no error log or info.
    I have verified the game cache in steam, checked and double checked all my drivers, made sure no background programs other than steam are running, scanned using ESET nod32, Malwarebytes and Spybot. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have put money into the game and wish to play it!
    Cheers.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

We have an article on our support site for crashing issues. If the info there doesn't get you squared away, go ahead and contact support. We will work with you to get up and running.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the reply, i will have a read and contact support if the issues continue.
    Cheers

Soulwalker

I followed the advice on the support page, didn't have any luck so im currently reinstalling the game. The contact us function doesnt seem to be working as it sends me to an error page quoting "HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL". Will update after the client download finishes.
    Cheers

try this link, https://support.trionworlds.com/

once there, click on Contact Us on the right side.

If this link doesnt work for you, try a different browser as there may be something wrong with the one you are trying it with.

T

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Sometimes, if you try to log in with the wrong password repeatedly, it is possible to get locked out of your account. There can also be other causes, so to bypass this error just send an email directly to support@trionworlds.com.

We will do all we can to help.

Soulwalker

Tried on Firefox, Chrome and IE, no luck with any of them. Both Chrome and IE where fresh installs with no addons or changes. I'll keep trying it as the day goes on. If you need any more information to help identify what the issue could be i'd be happy to provide a dxdiag list or whatever. Cheers for the help.
    Edit- will email support.
    Last edited by Tenement Funster; 04-20-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Soulwalker

I havn't heard anything back from this yet, and the problem persists. Any news?
    Cheers

I would recommend trying to access the contact us support site on a different PC and/or mobile device. That would likely garner the access you need to get one on one support.

T

Soulwalker

Using the event viewer i have discovered that the cause of the crash is thus :

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
    Error Type: Internal parity error
    Processor ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Further research has told me that this is known as a "WHEA Error Alert", common amongst the Overclocking community and the Ivy Bridge chip. My chip is slightly OC'd automatically using the in built function on my motherboard splash screen. I don't have any issues with any other processor intensive programs and everything has always run completely stable. Could it be caused by excessive stress on a single core? I'm reaching the end of my technical knowledge but this looks like the cause of my crashes.

+ Reply to Thread