+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilex011

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: White Face/ Green Lips Bug

Default White Face/ Green Lips Bug

Is completely out of control last night and today. Logged out, back in, Recovered, same thing. Can we get this maybe somewhere on the agenda to be fixed? It isn't game breaking but sooooooooOOOoo annoying. Thanks!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

This happens quite often. Pls fix this so my chars don't have to wear hideous festival masks.
    Last edited by Furyon13; 04-05-2014 at 12:58 PM.

I know some people will say this isn't a problem and we're just whiners, but this drives me up the wall!

FIX PLEASE?!

I used to have same issue. It all started with 2.6. I know they claim to have put in performance fixes, but I found it frustrating to have worse FPS and image quality. Until 2.6 I ran Ultra with most settings on full (cranked all teh way up), cept for shadows, AA and cloaks all off. Now I have most settings the same, but I had to turn on low quality rendering to get the same or better performance than before. Im not sure if their textures changed filesizes or what, but it seems my system setup could no longer handle the amount of textures causing some of these color changes, like whiteface, and green hair. Drove me nuts, but thats how i dealt with the performance fixes. I still have glitches with glow effects every once in a while not showing when they should, but its minimal to what it was after 2.6 when I turned it down to low render. I had none of these issues before 2.6, zip zero nada.

T
    Last edited by Tigsman; 04-08-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I don't even remember what my character's actual facial skin tones or markings/makeup options are because wihtin about 5 minutes of starting up the client, it's all flipped around to pale skin, green lips and random markings (mostly on my bahmi).

Pretty bloody irritating.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Rift Disciple

I've had this bug since 1.0 days, I have a feeling its triggered by some sort of video-card rendering related somethingsomething. I've found it pretty amusing though..

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

It would be very helpful if anyone having this issue could report it in game as well.

Also, can I get a couple screen shots so I see what you are seeing? I'll make sure to report it on my side too.
    Last edited by Fasti; 04-09-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Sure, I'll snap one the next time it happens which will probably be soon, haha! I've had this off and on since launch. It's significantly more frequent since 2.6 though. I have been reporting this, along with the eye/armor color bug since, well, 1.0.
    Last edited by ilex011; 04-09-2014 at 02:40 AM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

White Face/ Green Lips Bug-2014-03-09_093353.jpgWhite Face/ Green Lips Bug-2014-03-09_093356.jpg

here is my bahmi who has never had the color of his skin or hair changed, but when i logged in, there he is with a white face. As you can tell, it even carries over through the portrait windows too. Although not in this instance, his hair can change to light green or in fact ultra white and not always when the face changes.

T
    Last edited by Tigsman; 04-09-2014 at 07:12 AM.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Thanks very much! I will pass this along to the team.

Can you also try the steps on our support site, just in case?
    Last edited by Fasti; 04-09-2014 at 07:24 AM.

thats from a month ago, havent seen it recently while using low render.

T

Default This bug is as old as the game.

Really, a screenshot? LMFAO. You new here Fasti? This bug has been around since launch. I don't see it as often these days myself but I'll post a screenie of my "Red and Iron" mech mount for ya.

I get a really weird one myself where my eyelashes grow to about 10X their normal size. I don't have a SS of that one though, sorry,

http://forums.riftgame.com/asset.php...4&d=1397064646
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread