+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chat channels not work.

Soulwalker

Default Chat channels not work.

I transferred shards the other day and chat channels dont work. My guild, say, tells, raid, party all work. But others like crossevents and those types do not. I have left them manually and in settings and gone back and nothing. I transfered a second char after I saw it was working to a new shard and same thing happens. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Fireshield; 03-29-2014 at 04:45 PM.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

If joining specific channels has not worked, you can create a brand new character and import the UI settings from that one to your newly transferred characters.

My hope is, that there is something causing this in the UI files for your transferred characters, and replacing those files could fix it.
    Last edited by Fasti; 03-30-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Soulwalker

I spent about 40 minutes with a gm trying to fix this. We got the normal game chats to work but not the private chats like a guild alliance or crossevents to work. Its only on this server. On my old server on my alts they still work. We deleted the appdata folders and everything. No luck.

just a thought, if the private group channels, like guild alliance and crossevents was hosted on the server you were on, you likely have to rejoin them using the server address, i.e. /join crossevents@faeblight.

Just an idea, not sure it will help

T

+ Reply to Thread