+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Problem buying credits trough Steam

Soulwalker

Default Problem buying credits trough Steam

Hello! I've started playing the game yesterday and really loved it - but when I tried to buy credits trough steam wallet (I live in Brazil, my steam wallet has R$50,00 and the amount I needed was R$46,57) it just showed two options: "Add funds" and "cancel".
    I tried a bunch of things to resolve it (restarting; buying it trough the glyph website, which I wasn't able; re downloading the game) but none worked. Someone help?

I do not use steam. Just want to say that up front before my questions.

1) Did you check with Steam Support? You are paying Steam for the credits and Steam is paying Trion whatever amount they agreed to pay. Trion will have no control over any issues with the Steam wallet.

2) Did you check the steam forums to see if others are having issues like yours?

3) Does Steam require you to keep a min balance in your account and the purchase would have taken it below that amount. (Seems unlikely but worth asking.)

Elldarian - Elusive Assassins - Wolfsbane

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Soulwalker

Yep, I know that but for some reason I can't buy from the Trion website. Also, I haven't seen anyone else with my problem, so I just posted this everywhere (Steam community, steam support, Trion support and here) to see if someone had the same problem. I'd try the Trion website again, but I've already spent what I could with the Steam wallet...

Quote Originally Posted by laika923 View Post
    Yep, I know that but for some reason I can't buy from the Trion website.
    So you added a PayPal or Credit Card to your Trion account and you can not make a purchase?

Trion Support may be able to indicate to you what the reason for the decline is. My guess would be that it's due to it being a foreign purchase that's not from the EU or Australia. I expect it's the credit card company and/or PayPal rejecting the attempt at payment.

Hope Steam Support gets back to you and gets the issue with your wallet is resolved soon.

Elldarian - Elusive Assassins - Wolfsbane

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by laika923 View Post
    Hello! I've started playing the game yesterday and really loved it - but when I tried to buy credits trough steam wallet (I live in Brazil, my steam wallet has R$50,00 and the amount I needed was R$46,57) it just showed two options: "Add funds" and "cancel".
    I tried a bunch of things to resolve it (restarting; buying it trough the glyph website, which I wasn't able; re downloading the game) but none worked. Someone help?
    Can you check your email for me? You should have a response.

If that doesn't get you squared away, update the ticket to let us know. We'll do everything we can to get this taken care of for you.

Sword of Telara

Steam is notorious for issues with in game store credits and R$ from the wallet, not just in this game but most F2P mmo's too, it's something on the Steam end and has something to do with exchange rates and trading regulations between brazil and the US from what I heard (although that may have been a different instance of a similar issue as it was some time ago).

Soulwalker

Well, apparently nothing can solve this. I'll have to use the Steam wallet money for something else, and try to buy credits from the Rift website. I hope it works!
    But thanks everyone, at least we tried.

+ Reply to Thread