+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: error 1021 and launcher not launching

Soulwalker

Default error 1021 and launcher not launching

Today I wanted to launch the game, and the launcher gave me an error 1021 trying to patch. After googling a solution, I tried what was said in this thread:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ly-others.html
    I tried several things posted in that forum, but this totally broke my game. First the launcher was only giving me the option to play as a guest, then it was trying to patch while it was not patching, resulting in error 1021, I couldn't close the launcher because it was 'patching', again resulting in the error 1021. I tried, as said in that thread,
    Try to Run Selfpatchlive before u run Riftpatchlive, it worked for me and removed all errors with some additional update required.
    Resulting in the launcher not even being able to run anymore, everything was working fine yesterday. What do?

Soulwalker

It seems like the servers are offline, saw this after looking around in the General part of the forum.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

That 1021 error, in general, means the patcher is not able to communicate with the patch server to check for updates. This is usually some form of network issue that we can resolve by trying a few common things.

Check in on shard status here, to make sure you can get online.

If that is good to go, let's make sure your firewall/anti-virus software understands that RIFT is the cool guy you want at all your parties because he brings ice and plastic cups without even being asked.

After that is all squared away, let's make sure there isn't something else running in the background that is interfering with RIFT.

Once the computer is restarted, launch the RIFT client. If you have the option to login, do so, then click the Recover button to repair the RIFT patcher. After recovery is complete, give the game another shot.

If you are still having trouble, we'll need you to run some network tests and submit the results to a GM.

No matter what, we will work with you to get this squared away, so hang in there.
    Last edited by Fasti; 03-13-2014 at 03:06 AM.

+ Reply to Thread