+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just installed, game is screwed

Soulwalker

Default Just installed, game is screwed

I can't get my settings, I can't change the graphics, the resolution, I don't know the controls and can't change them. It's unplayable.

Soulwalker

I'm using GTS 250, which is the recommended card and even the opening movie doesn't play properly. It crashes if I try to change window size and I can't get the name I want because I made a character as a guest and now the name is taken.

Soulwalker

I don't think I even have a UI.

Sword of Telara

If you don't have a UI then this is probably a DirectX issue, most people have te latest DX11 installed and think they're up to date, but what they don't realise is some older games need specific versions of DX to run, RIft is one of those games, it requires DirectX 9c to run, you can safely install DX9xc alongside DX11 from the link below ...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

Soulwalker

Seems to be working now, I don't know why they don't just include DX9 with the installation like other developers do. Also, no idea how to back the name I want.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Racquen View Post
    Seems to be working now, I don't know why they don't just include DX9 with the installation like other developers do. Also, no idea how to back the name I want.
    I'm not sure you can, I don't know how guesting works. Are you still able to log into your guest account? If so can you delete the character? That should free the name up to use again for a new character.

Also, names are realm-specific. That means that you may be able to get your name on a different realm than the one your "guest" character is on.

+ Reply to Thread