+ Reply to Thread

Thread: not receiving coin lock code, what's up with that?

Default not receiving coin lock code, what's up with that?

The last few days I read a lot of chatter about people not receiving their coin-lock code in their e-mail. When you ask them if they checked their spam-box, it's not there either.

What's going on? Seems like things are getting a bit out of control here...

Rift Disciple

Had one take about 4 hours or so to show up this morning.

Yeah it's a pain in the ***, I think I fixed it by pressing resend on another character. Shouldn't be happening at all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabouma View Post
    The last few days I read a lot of chatter about people not receiving their coin-lock code in their e-mail. When you ask them if they checked their spam-box, it's not there either.

What's going on? Seems like things are getting a bit out of control here...
    Has this happened to you or are you really asking on behalf of others?

Soulwalker

This happened to me also, last night. I play on 2 different computers and took my laptop to my friends and got locked for roughly 3 hours or so. Was pretty annoying as i'd taken the time to drive over there and stuff.

I swapped email accounts and tried having it sent to both and it still didn't work. Eventually I searched Trion on gmail and it came through a few hours later. Pretty annoying still.

I got locked the other day due to changing IP as well and it came through instantly. I think the auto generator for codes probably just isn't working correctly/needs looking at.

I had this happen to me, after logging out and back in and hitting resend several times I noticed a good 30 minute time delay.
    It used to be that when you logged in it was instantly in your email as a code and good to go, so I was quite surprised at the horrid lag that had.

it could be an issue with your e-mail.. sometimes I get e-mail hours after it was sent to me..

With regards to coin locking, I was coin locked 3 times this weekend and I had no delay in the e-mail. So clearly this is not a wide spread issue. It probably has nothing to do with their servers at all. Emails are getting sent, if you don't receive, click "resend" or wait. There really is nothing anyone can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triixx View Post
    This happened to me also, last night. I play on 2 different computers and took my laptop to my friends and got locked for roughly 3 hours or so. Was pretty annoying as i'd taken the time to drive over there and stuff.

I swapped email accounts and tried having it sent to both and it still didn't work. Eventually I searched Trion on gmail and it came through a few hours later. Pretty annoying still.

I got locked the other day due to changing IP as well and it came through instantly. I think the auto generator for codes probably just isn't working correctly/needs looking at.

You "got locked the other day" and yest your account was created today. If you created an alt account just to make this appear to be a larger issue than it is you could get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dratikus View Post
    You "got locked the other day" and yest your account was created today. If you created an alt account just to make this appear to be a larger issue than it is you could get banned.
    Just because the forum creation date is Nov 2013 does not mean thats when he created his account. Your forum account is created seperately from the date creation of your game account. So he maybe never posted to the forums before.

Also you can have more than 1 account nothing says you can't post from both of them but yeah making an issue look bigger by posting on both accounts would be a downside of it. I have a couple threads where I posted logged into my alt account but never to add a 1 up on something.
    Last edited by Aalnyan; 11-10-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dratikus View Post
    it could be an issue with your e-mail.. sometimes I get e-mail hours after it was sent to me..

With regards to coin locking, I was coin locked 3 times this weekend and I had no delay in the e-mail. So clearly this is not a wide spread issue. It probably has nothing to do with their servers at all. Emails are getting sent, if you don't receive, click "resend" or wait. There really is nothing anyone can do about it.
    There are dozens if not at least 100 threads of people not receiving coinlock codes through the forums. Look in tech support forum or do a search on coinlock. Also it took well over 30 mins for my son to get an unlock code when he came down here to play.

It is a widespread issue and its been going on for a bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalnyan View Post
    Just because the forum creation date is Nov 2013 does not mean thats when he created his account. Your forum account is created seperately from the date creation of your game account. So he maybe never posted to the forums before.

Also you can have more than 1 account nothing says you can't post from both of them but yeah making an issue look bigger by posting on both accounts would be a downside of it. I have a couple threads where I posted logged into my alt account but never to add a 1 up on something.
    Actually I stand corrected about posting from more than 1 account. I'll be sure to only log in with this one to post on forums.

+ Reply to Thread