+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift budget PC build. Thoughts?

Default Rift budget PC build. Thoughts?

I'm trying to keep the build under $700 dollars because I just don't have the money to invest into gaming that I used to before I got married (funny how that works with 2 incomes.)

So I'm trying to throw together something to get us around Christmas that the wife can play on and I can play Rift/ future releases as well, at least for a few years. So far I have come up with:

Intel Core i5-3350P Ivy Bridge
    Biostar B75MU3+ MB(Seems budget, but I have had better performance out of Biostar than anyone in recent years)
    Rosewill Green Series 630W PSU
    GSkill 4GBx2 (8GB) 1600 DDR3
    Kingston 128GB SSD (Already have a 500GB storage drive)
    EVGA GTX650 TiBoost 2GB 192bit (tired of running everything on medium settings)
    Rosewill Redbone U3 Case

Total comes out to about $690. Suggestions? I'm aware I could probably notch up the CPU a few rungs, but really I could do that later on as anything is better than the Dual Core 2.4ghz AMD I have been using since...forever.

It's been years since I have built one obviously, so any feedback is appreciated from you guys, thanks

EDIT: Misprinted memory as 2133, actually looking at 1600.
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 09-27-2013 at 07:07 AM.
    Anaraia@Deepwood

Shadowlander

Everything looks good I checked it out on new egg you might want to spend a extra 50.00
    and get one of those sweet dual fan EVGA 760 cards that just came out you would see some extra FPS boost that way =)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130932

I have a 670 GTX myself I bought last year on a AMD FX6300 I see 40-79 fps on ultra

Quote Originally Posted by Gamebryoooo View Post
    Everything looks good I checked it out on new egg you might want to spend a extra 50.00
    and get one of those sweet dual fan EVGA 760 cards that just came out you would see some extra FPS boost that way =)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130932

I have a 670 GTX myself I bought last year on a AMD FX6300 I see 40-79 fps on ultra
    Ah I missed that, thanks for the tip. Will see if I can squeeze that in there
    Anaraia@Deepwood

Shadowlander

Yeah my single fan card gets hot even with the fan turned up with EVGA precision X in some games so it stutters.....

+ Reply to Thread