+ Reply to Thread

Thread: character log in fail

Default character log in fail

rift seems broken. screen going black when i try to log in on any character anywhere. i get this message: "The server may be temporarily unavailable."

what? i was just logged into my cleric not 15 minutes ago buying runes for an alt.

is something going kooky with the servers? what's goin on? what's the score, man?
    It is what it is. Unless it isn't.

Having the same issues myself. Any server sayings that the shard may be temp unavailable.
    Boo just wanna play
    ~Syrebria~ Rifter for Life

Soulwalker

Default me 3

Yup...came to forums to see why I might be getting the server temp unavailable message...

Telaran

It happens to me almost every day, always at 4am pacific time. I go do something else for 15 minutes & come back & then it lets me log in.

Soulwalker

This happens to me too, every so often when I'm up early and want to play. Kinda disheartening, I like playing a little bit before work lol

aight, thanks guys n gals.
    It is what it is. Unless it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralyn View Post
    This happens to me too, every so often when I'm up early and want to play. Kinda disheartening, I like playing a little bit before work lol

Agreed there! woke up early so i could get alil time before work. *sigh* still cant log in
    ~Syrebria~ Rifter for Life

Telaran

& as usual, I waited 15 minutes & now it's letting me log in.

Soulwalker

Default Recover!

Checked another thread -- someone had luck running recover (2nd loading screen) so I thought I'd try it. Well it worked! Don't know why -- it didn't find anything and said I was up-to-date -- but at least I'm in now.

Soulwalker

Default Nice

Same issue here too...Thougt it was just because it was wed. but actual updates are not supposed to start here for another 3 hrs.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitts View Post
    Checked another thread -- someone had luck running recover (2nd loading screen) so I thought I'd try it. Well it worked! Don't know why -- it didn't find anything and said I was up-to-date -- but at least I'm in now.
    Running recover doesn't really do anything other than take up time and makes you think you're doing something. As another poster has said, s/he went away and did something else for 15 minutes and it's working.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

Soulwalker

15min! Lucky for some. If I am not in game by 9pm AEST it will be 40mins before login will get past the character select screen......Every day.

Soulwalker

This has been going on for many months when you try to log in after server reset at 4:00 Pacific. After some time (doing the recover doesn't do anything except pass time) the server allows logins again.

I actually haven't logged into the game in several weeks because of this issue. Was checking back to see if they'd addressed this, but clearly not! Oh well, FFXIV is out next week and I won't be looking back to Rift. Also looking forward to not being monetized at every turn in a non-F2P MMO. Goodbye Rift!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Winss View Post
    This has been going on for many months when you try to log in after server reset at 4:00 Pacific. After some time (doing the recover doesn't do anything except pass time) the server allows logins again.

I actually haven't logged into the game in several weeks because of this issue. Was checking back to see if they'd addressed this, but clearly not! Oh well, FFXIV is out next week and I won't be looking back to Rift. Also looking forward to not being monetized at every turn in a non-F2P MMO. Goodbye Rift!
    Goodbye. Don't let the door hit you in your thinking muscle on the way out.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

+ Reply to Thread