Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Repeated Updates

Default Repeated Updates

Starting this morning I've had connection issues but in an odd fashion. I updated the latest patch and then have constant login issues.. eventually I get in.. as soon as I log out it's like it lost the update,.. next time I log in BAM update required again. Then login issues repeatedly again. Tonight I was doing my Chronicle "A Hero Rises" and at the end as I ported into the end of it BAM booted repeatedly.. got back in eventually and and then as I try to leave the chronicle to go back to Tempest Bay BAM booted yet again.. this time unable to get in at all. So I close down and log in and there it is AGAIN.. update for the client required for the 4th time. WTF is going on?!?!?

Soulwalker

I'm having similar issues with the launcher. It has downloaded the #14.5 and #15 hotfixes twice. The picture on the left side of the launcher fails to load and I get error #1021 repetitively. If I close the launcher when 'patching is in progress' even though I have not actually started to download anything, then restart the launcher, it skips the log-in altogether and loads the update screen, but nothing happens, then I get #1021 yet again or #2023. After the #15 hotfix I was playing the game fine for a few hours, logged back on later and was still fine. I don't play for a day and this happens. I now can't even get into the game because if I click Update (to download the #15 hotfix for the third time) it downloads at under 1kb/s then gives #1021. I can browse the web just fine, stream Youtube etc without any problem.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Did not notice any problems related to the Windows update issue as I have had Windows updates turned off for a year or so now.

Ok, as I was typing the above, the launcher didn't time out and is now actually downloading the #15 hotfix for the third time at over 100kb/s.

Soulwalker

Similar problem as both posters. Running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Since the last patch the ad on the left side of the launcher won't load at all and I have to re-update Patch #15 every time I login. The update downloads fast and I get "Patch Successful" every time but what a pain.

Soulwalker

Same issue as Aeradore. Hot fix #15 update downloads itself each time the launcher is started, left side of the launcher does not display, the download itself is fast and successfully patches each time.

Windows 7 Home, 64-bit.

Default Multiple Update Issue

I am having the same issue where it updates each time I login and the message on the left hand side of the launcher is not displaying.

See I'm running Windows 8 64 Bit.. started up this morning and I'm forced to update yet again.. this is yet the 5th or 6th time being forced to update Rift...What the BLEEP is going on Trion???

Soulwalker

Same problem as other posters. Running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Since the last patch been a constant patching loop. I tried to manually patch it but it doesn't like to open or copy over the listed files, binkw32.dll, dbghelp.dll, hardwaredetector.exe, Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest, msvcp90.dll, msvcr90.dll, QtCore4.dll, QtGui4.dll, QtNetwork4.dll QtWebkit4.dll, rift.cfg, rift_env.cfg, rifterrorhandler.exe, riftpatcherrorhandler.exe and last but not last qgif4.dll and qjpeg4.dll locatd in imageformats. Think someone broke the patcher.. hope this helps.

Soulwalker

Once more, I try to play Rift and it wants to download hotfix #15 yet again. So I let it start and it gets to about 30% through the download then I get a window that says -

Patch Failed

Downloaded files are corrupted. (Error #1004).
    Last Message: Bad Data in file 'bundle_STABLE-203-53-G-841453-STABLE-203-53-H-841453.0' expectedSize = 21090060, actualSize = 21090060.

Can't be bothered trying to log on any more because I'm sick of wasting bandwidth on downloading the same thing over and over again.

I'm really beginning to wonder if Rift will ever work properly for me, there seems to always be something wrong with it lately, it feels like it breaks overnight, by itself. And I hate to say it but I am starting to feel like I may jump on the 'not worth my time or money' bandwagon that seems to be growing by the day.

Shadowlander

I keep getting the same thing, patch every time I frkn log in ITS GETTING OLD

I am also having the same problem, except the AD on the side loads for me, but i have to constantly update every time i launch the game.

Same thing as previous posters. Seems to lose the update on logout and require it again at next log in.

Soulwalker

Yep. Same here - have to repatch every time I log in. Left side loads for me however. I know most people don't have bandwidth caps, but I do and this is wasting the little I get each month. :/ Fix plz

Same here. Constant patching every time I log in. And in game performance is down too. Blame Elrar I guess.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 62/90 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 65/82 Kelari Magician; Gitana GM Apothecary/Outfitter/Artificer
    Carmelita 63/65 Eth Rogue; Hija 35 Kelari Rogue; Estancia GM Runes/Weapons/Armor; Chula 61/82 Kelari Rogue

Soulwalker

Same here. Windows 7 64-bit

Wednesday, downloaded the hotfix and installed without issue. Game crashed upon loading and I resolved that with uninstalling the windows update that was causing problems.

Yesterday, it began downloading the patch everytime I log in. Once I got in, I persistent lag spikes in FT.

Today, the launcher tries to download the patch but apparently cannot communicate with the peer-2-peer properly and my dl speed is about 10 kbps. Eventually it stops and I get a patch failed error.

Soulwalker

Was behind a patch on StarCraft 2. Launcher communicates with the p2p client and downloads at >1 Mbps without issue, so I think connection wise I'm fine.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast