Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Game worked fine before hot fix.....

Default Game worked fine before hot fix.....

I had no problems playing this morning. Took a break for lunch, installed the update, and now the game crashes shortly after I click "play." I even uninstalled the windows update that was giving some people issues, still a no go. Is there a fix for this?

Shadowlander

You are not alone in this, me and many others are having same issue.
    Game worked fine earlier today, then Rift installed a hotfix, now it keeps crashing on startup.
    Are you using Windows 7 32 bit or 64?

Soulwalker

Default Same here...

Having the same problem as mentioned above. Any idea when a fix is going to be put out for this? lol. Launcher logs me in, when I click play it crashes.

Windows 7 / 32Bit
    Last edited by Grinched; 08-15-2013 at 01:54 PM.

32 bit

i guess just saying that is too short for the forum to accept, so I'll just type some random stuff.

Win7 32bit

Telaran

Same. Also crashing with Windows 7 32 bit right after clicking play. Uninstalling the update isn't working. Also, I hadn't installed the update when I tried to log in this morning. Seems the patch to fix log-in for Windows 64 bit broke it for Windows 32 bit.
    Julesburne - Cleric - Storm Legion
    Addiction

Same as all of you. Game was working fine before hotfix. Uninstalled the update and still nothing. I just wanna play!!!
    ~Syrebria~ Rifter for Life

Same here. Sigh. One thing gets fixed, something else gets fuxed.
    Death is like sex, it only hurts the first time.

Plane Touched

Trion...why did you patch the game today? It just made more people unable to log in.

Win 7 32 bit. I was ablet o play fine earlier, installed this update after another annoying load screen crash (hey thought you 'fixed' them?) and bang...error every time I hit play.

Any time frame on a fix for this or are we still SOL and unable to play?

Also anyone have a fix for this mess up for win 7 32 bit like the 64 bit fix?

I seem to be having a similar problem. I opened the Rift patcher about an hour ago, updated, and logged in just fine. Started the patcher again to log in before raid and it wanted me to update again, figured it was a hiccup with the patcher and clicked update. Now it starts the program and just locks up at a black screen.

I'm running Windows 8 64bit.
    "Wizards First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true." - Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

Soulwalker

Windows 8 Pro 64bit. Everything was fine until the second update sometime after 18:00 EST. Now rift32.exe just hangs after riftpatchlive.exe completes the authentication hand off.

Good Luck Trion, let us know when you get it fixed!

Soulwalker

Windows 8 / 64bit cant play game../ black screen after logging in

Working great now! Dunno if anyone who reads this actually communicates to the engineers who make the game run, but the guys shoveling coal in the back room deserve our thanks for a quick fix!

Soulwalker

Same issue as many here. Windows 8 64bit. Black screen after log in.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGrazer View Post
    Windows 8 Pro 64bit. Everything was fine until the second update sometime after 18:00 EST. Now rift32.exe just hangs after riftpatchlive.exe completes the authentication hand off.

Good Luck Trion, let us know when you get it fixed!
    this...

win 8 64bit after I click play goes to a black screen with a small spinning circle, I can alt tab to see my taskbar but cannot actually switch programs. If I cntrl-alt-delete to goto task manager it also wont happen, have to reboot pc.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast