+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nyz

Thread: Towns are super laggy just me?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Nayaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default Towns are super laggy just me?

    Hey here is my issue: When i go into any town my fps drops to about 20 fps from 58fps and my char stutters a bit i have tried all the tweaks in the sticky and it has improved it a little bit i was just wondering if theres anything else i can do to improve ? or is it like this for everyone ?

    Heres my pc specs

    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Page File: 3229MB used, 13159MB available

  2. #2
    Soulwalker Riversilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    11

    Default

    GPU is probably what is failing here, since when entering a major city you usually have alot more objects (usually players and npcs) to render.
    Also, apart from very low memory systems (not your case, 8 GB total memory is enough for any kind of game, even though you should be posting how much FREE memory you have before starting RIFT, other than total memory) and obsolete CPU sytems, the main PC component for playing games is the graphic adapter.

    tl;dr
    FPS go down for everyone when entering a city, unless you own a really nice GPU
    Last edited by Riversilk; 08-08-2013 at 08:17 AM.

  3. #3
    Nyz
    Nyz is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riversilk View Post
    GPU is probably what is failing here, since when entering a major city you usually have alot more objects (usually players and npcs) to render.
    Also, apart from very low memory systems (not your case, 8 GB total memory is enough for any kind of game, even though you should be posting how much FREE memory you have before starting RIFT, other than total memory) and obsolete CPU sytems, the main PC component for playing games is the graphic adapter.

    tl;dr
    FPS go down for everyone when entering a city, unless you own a really nice GPU
    Thats incorrect.
    The main issue with towns is that most of the calculations (character models, plants,trees,ect) are done by the CPU, and on a single core.

    Enable the option to hide other players and your fps should go up about 40%.

    Dont follow performance tweak guides, try your on settings and do some tests(higher settings gives me about 20fps increase from the low quality ones).

    obs: turn off the shadows (its using to much cpu at the moment, wait for a fix)

    All we can do now is to wait for a general performance fix from Trion, wich is highly unlikely to come soon.
    Many of my friends (mostly the fps freaks) have recently stopped playing because 30 fps is too low for them. But the game is too good to let it go so easly for me...

  4. #4
    Soulwalker Nayaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyz View Post
    Thats incorrect.
    The main issue with towns is that most of the calculations (character models, plants,trees,ect) are done by the CPU, and on a single core.

    Enable the option to hide other players and your fps should go up about 40%.

    Dont follow performance tweak guides, try your on settings and do some tests(higher settings gives me about 20fps increase from the low quality ones).

    obs: turn off the shadows (its using to much cpu at the moment, wait for a fix)

    All we can do now is to wait for a general performance fix from Trion, wich is highly unlikely to come soon.
    Many of my friends (mostly the fps freaks) have recently stopped playing because 30 fps is too low for them. But the game is too good to let it go so easly for me...
    How do i enable that option please?

  5. #5
    Nyz
    Nyz is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Menu > Keybinds > UI Toggles.

    "Hide Other Players"

    Bind a key, hold that key and press enter to make it "stick".

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Nayaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyz View Post
    Menu > Keybinds > UI Toggles.

    "Hide Other Players"

    Bind a key, hold that key and press enter to make it "stick".
    Thank you i actually been working on settings that are good for me and i can run my game fine at high settings and have a steady 50 fps and 40 in rift areas so im happy

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts