+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G13 stops working in Rift after new patch.

Default G13 stops working in Rift after new patch.

My Logitech G13 has worked fine with Rift for months now. Since this last patch, it will stop working and then start working again a minute later. This is NOT a G13 issue. It works with every other game I have including GW2 and only has this issue with this game since the last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Monarrch View Post
    My Logitech G13 has worked fine with Rift for months now. Since this last patch, it will stop working and then start working again a minute later. This is NOT a G13 issue. It works with every other game I have including GW2 and only has this issue with this game since the last patch.
    Im not the only person here having this issue:

"Yeah, since a recentish version of the logitech software, the G13 sometimes comes up Not Actually Configured, and I have to unplug it and plug it back in or something to get it to work. I think Logitech is just engaging in a bit of rebellion against the notion that drivers should make a hardware device "work", because that's just imposing a societal standard on the inherent freedoms of a keyboard."

"I was wondering if anyone has had recent issues with their G13/G600 quit working lately patch 2.0 till now? Mine worked flawlessly till then, now it randomly quits about 50 times a day... Anyone have any ideas? "

"I've had a G13 gamepad for nearly a year now, yet recently it has begun to stop responding while playing a game. (Rift)

This seemed to start around the time I made two changes to my gaming environment:

I began using a clipboard applet for a parsing application on my PC. (ACT or Advanced Combat Tracker) The application simply acts as a conduit from another PC to the clipboard of the local PC and utilized a port to do so, yet I can't remember the port # off the top of my head.

Second, I modified a key on my layout to 'repeat while pressed'. While my problem still happens when I don't have any keys setup this way, it does seem to happen quite a bit more often when I do.

I have been able to self-medicate so far by simply windowing out of the game in progress, clicking on the G13 taskbar icon to bring up the configuration console, and Alt-tabbing back to the game.

This is becoming a huge annoyance to the point where I am considering going back to a standard keyboard. Any ideas or assistance would be most welcome."

"I am having the same problem, same game. New install of the game on a new pc with new drivers. Before building this PC and loading everything new, the G13 worked great, not once did it stop responding. If i exit the game and open the G13 desktop console then click on the profile/M1 then back to game it works. I also notice that the profile select on the LCD is non responsive until I ALT+Tab to my desktop.

Maybe in the setup? I imported old key bindings, unfortunately they were not the ones that I normally used, those were lost when loading the new drivers.
    Last edited by Monarrch; 07-18-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Same problem here with my g13. Also it seems to be happening with my Madcatz M.M.O.7 key that I use for push to talk but only while in rift. I use the up arrow key for PTT and have that bound as a macro key to my mouse, if I use the same button as a default forwards mouse key then set it to be PTT then it works all night. The issue to me seems to be macro keys with Rift since I do not get this issue with any other game. Perhaps Rift checks your client for botting when it detects repetitive input commands? I dont even use my g keys for complex macros but I do have them set to the same key bindings as the default keyboard, WASD on the thumbstick, 1-0 on the g keys sort of thing.

Stops working for a min then its back up, or I can tab out and back to get it going... not good when main tanking and I cant move or taunt.

Every once in a while--irrespective of game--my (and my wife's) G13 stops processing input. Alt-Tabbing, closing the Logitech Gaming Software and re-running it, and Alt-Tab back into my game restores it.
    i5-2500K@4.2GHz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 | 2xGigabyte GTX580@810 SLI | 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 | Wife's: 2xAsus GTX660Ti SLI

Rift Disciple

My g13 is still functioning in rift for last 4 months.

However... The only time I had issues was when I had a gtx 460 card and I would get mini crashes.

With gtx660ti and new pc actually, I have had no problems. I really thought it was videodriver related. When the logitech driver crashed I obviously lost function to g13 and regained it after restarting the g13 mapping software.

Love g13. I refuse to play games on standard keyboards anymore this is just too good.
    Nobody else has both a thumb key and ample physical keys. and I use ctrl and shift combos as well.

Soulwalker

Default G13 stoped working in rift only

my G13 works fine in IE and WoW over the last few weeks Rift stopped accepting some key punches from the key pad and today 8-25-17 stopped responding to the key pad entirely. How do I get Rift to start responding to my G13 again?

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Have you updated to the latest Logitech Gaming Software? new version just came out four days ago and is version 8.96.81

Using a G15 keyboard myself and a G600 mouse, never had issues with them in Rift.

+ Reply to Thread