+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kuranaibaba

Thread: Your external IP Address has changed since you authenticated.

Soulwalker

Default Your external IP Address has changed since you authenticated.

Hello everyone.
    I'm having this trouble, when I open the launcher and click play, a message saying "Your external IP Address has changed since you authenticated" appears, what can I do? I already have sent a message to Trion but I have no response. Please help me I really want to play

Sword of Telara

Firstly, are you playing wirelessly, or wired? I'm assuming wirelessly as this seems to be a problem with those.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

Soulwalker

I'm playing wired

Sword of Telara

Are you possibly going through a proxy server, in an attempt to increase your network download speeds?
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

Soulwalker

Nope

Through a tethered mobile device? IF SO YOU HAVE TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HAVE THEM LESTEN THE SECURITY ON YOUR ACCOUNT TO GET IT TO WORK

woops caps lock :s

Soulwalker

There any solution? I want to play

Quote Originally Posted by Kuranaibaba View Post
    There any solution? I want to play
    You will have to contact CS and have them change some settings on your account, i had to do it too

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Soulwalker

how long before they reply ? i have sent them an email but havent recieve any reply for 2 days now.

This message happens every time you change IP address, I used to get it every time I relogged on my satellite connection. You just need to restart the Rift client.
    Nope.

What you need to ask for specifically, is having IP sensitivity removed. I had to do this..

I have 2 connections.. one mobile broadband, and the other dedicated line, and for some reason,both had this issue. I was constantly getting knocked off with "your external IP address has changed". Somewhere along the line, the ISP rerouting, or using NAT.. and it "appears" your address has changed.

Since i had them change this, no more problems.

Good luck!
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Soulwalker

Hi there. I was having the same issue just about 30 mins ago. I think i found some kind of solution but im not sure.

1. Enter This Site - http://www.whatismyip.com/
    2. Click Play on Launcher
    3. Tab back to the site and start refreshing till the game starts
    4, Success ?!?

Everytime i do this thing with the refresh i got in. When i stop doing the refresh thing i log in couple of times and then again i got the error.Maybe im wrong and i just got lucky but for now i can log.Hope it helps for some kind of solution

Soulwalker

Default annoying Your External IP address has changed

This message keeps on coming up and has stopped me playing the game. I am not a technical savvy person, so when I contacted Trion and they say to close my game and patcher what do they mean? What is a patcher? Reluctantly, it seems I will have to search out other games to play. Do not want to, but seems I have no choice.

Okay, for the less tech-savvy people I will let you know what is happening.

When you first connect to the Glyph servers, your IP address is record including your DNS.

Now, what is an IP address? An IP address is a "internet protocol" address that is related to your on-line activity. It can change from time to time, most likely after every 24 hours.

Some internet service providers will provide you with a dynamic IP address and most likely cost you extra to have a static ip address.

Difference between static and dynamic?
    Dynamic: Changes every so often
    Static: Never changes

Why this is sometimes an issue with RIFT.

You might of signed in with IP (totally random numbers) 123.098.33.22 on a Saturday, but when you went to sign in on a Sunday, your address got changed to 124.090.11.23.

Which when trying to sign in, RIFT thinks "huh, this is strange. Let's double check and not authorize it, just to be safe!" and asks you to sign in again.

Now if you're trying to connect to it one-after-another and it's still giving you the same issue, then it's best that you record your address changes every time you attempt it.

(By now, all of us are connected via IPv6, but what you should be looking for is IPv4, so give a Google "What's my IPv4 address" and it'll tell you).

If you see it dramatically change every time you attempt to log-in, you should check with your PC and your Internet Service Provider to see if there is something you can do to prevent this from happening.

+ Reply to Thread