+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not recieving all Patron benefits

Soulwalker

Default Not recieving all Patron benefits

I downloaded the game and started playing a few days ago, and I've enjoyed what I've seen. I enjoyed it so much that I bought credits the first 2 days and started my auto-renewing Patron payments by day 4. Unfortunately, I still have only 2 character slots and 3 bag slots.

The 3 bag slots, while annoying, aren't completely detrimental. I can sell anywhere with the store, so making bag space is possible. It's obviously not ideal because I'd much rather not be forced to stop so often and clear my bags.

The 2 character slots though? That's painful. I rolled a Warrior (foolishly thinking that the Paladin soul would be similar to the WoW Paladin) and got him into the mid 20s before realizing that what I wanted was a Justicar Cleric. I had also rolled a Rogue because being a sneaky backstabber is always fun. He's my gatherer, too so I really don't want to get rid of him.

I opened a ticket using the in-game system and went upstairs to grab a drink. When I got back less than 10 minutes later, I had a response email. Wow, that was fast. Unfortunately it was a canned response that basically said "We can't help you." Well if I can't get help by using the "Help" link, where should I turn?

One of the reasons I started the Patron account is so that I could have more than 2 characters on the same shard. If I didn't like the game and want to keep playing, I wouldn't have been willing to put money into it. I'm fine with paying a subscription fee for all of the perks and boosts that come with the Patron account, but if I have to pay more money for every character and every bag slot I want over the base 2 and 3, that just feels like I'm being raked over the coals. I was fully prepared to pay for a 1 year sub, but I thought I'd do the 30-day first. I'm glad I did. I'd be heated right now if I'd handed over $120 just to see that I'm still stuck with 2 character slots.

Can I get a straight answer on this? Everything I've found online and everyone in-game says that I should have 6 character slots per shard and 5 bag slots (counting the backpack). Right now I feel like you sold me a car and now you want more money for each lug nut.

My understanding on this is that if you were not an "owner" of Rift prior to the F2P conversion, you are stuck with the 3 bag slots, 2 characters per shard and 7 souls per calling regardless of your patron status. You probably don't want to hear it at this point (and I can't say as I blame you) but the additional bag and character slots are available in the Rift Store, as well as the extra souls. As a small consolation, you get a 10% credit discount from the shop as long as you are a patron.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarra View Post
    My understanding on this is that if you were not an "owner" of Rift prior to the F2P conversion, you are stuck with the 3 bag slots, 2 characters per shard and 7 souls per calling regardless of your patron status. You probably don't want to hear it at this point (and I can't say as I blame you) but the additional bag and character slots are available in the Rift Store, as well as the extra souls. As a small consolation, you get a 10% credit discount from the shop as long as you are a patron.
    Sonofabee. Looks like I'm going to Best Buy during lunch. There's no way I'm individually purchasing 4 characters and then 3+ bag slots for each of them.

Thanks for the quick answer without insults. I've noticed that the Rift community as a whole tends to be less vitriolic than WoW ever was, which is a big contributing factor to my sticking around.

You are quite welcome; I am happy to help.

Welcome to Telara, by the way.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vittorino View Post
    Sonofabee. Looks like I'm going to Best Buy during lunch. There's no way I'm individually purchasing 4 characters and then 3+ bag slots for each of them.

Thanks for the quick answer without insults. I've noticed that the Rift community as a whole tends to be less vitriolic than WoW ever was, which is a big contributing factor to my sticking around.
    Be aware, that even with the base game, or the base game + Storm Legion (if you're picking up Storm Legion, check the box to make sure it contains the base game as well, and is not just the expansion), you'll only get 5 bag slots per character -- the 6th and 7th bag slots have to be bought in the store, on a character by character basis.

However, with 5 Empyrean Bags on you, you'll have 140 bag slots, and with 8 bag slots in the bank, you'll have 256 (32+ (8*28)) slots available to you. And since you can call up the RiftStore interface anywhere in the world to sell off your greys, you'll rarely run out of bag space unless you're a costume hoarder like me.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chantillary View Post
    Be aware, that even with the base game, or the base game + Storm Legion (if you're picking up Storm Legion, check the box to make sure it contains the base game as well, and is not just the expansion), you'll only get 5 bag slots per character -- the 6th and 7th bag slots have to be bought in the store, on a character by character basis.

However, with 5 Empyrean Bags on you, you'll have 140 bag slots, and with 8 bag slots in the bank, you'll have 256 (32+ (8*28)) slots available to you. And since you can call up the RiftStore interface anywhere in the world to sell off your greys, you'll rarely run out of bag space unless you're a costume hoarder like me.
    Right, I understood that I'd only have 5 bag slots. That's plenty for me. I spent so much time playing WoW where you only have 5 slots and you don't have a mobile vendor to dump vendor trash. I think it's going to be a while before I can afford humongous bags, but I'll definitely need them. I used to walk around with 2 different sets of gear for my Paladin, and that stuff took up almost 2 full bags by itself. After seeing all of the costumes and how freaking great they look, I can see myself using far too much bag space for gear.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorino View Post
    Right, I understood that I'd only have 5 bag slots. That's plenty for me. I spent so much time playing WoW where you only have 5 slots and you don't have a mobile vendor to dump vendor trash. I think it's going to be a while before I can afford humongous bags, but I'll definitely need them. I used to walk around with 2 different sets of gear for my Paladin, and that stuff took up almost 2 full bags by itself. After seeing all of the costumes and how freaking great they look, I can see myself using far too much bag space for gear.
    Well, if you check out your wardrobe you'll see that you can buy a great many slots for your many different costumes.

And apparently, there is an addon out there that will let you "store" armor pieces in wardrobe slots, so when you change role, you also change out armor pieces, but you need to have a minimum of 8 bag slots free as it uses them to move items around.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

Soulwalker

I think there may be a bug or something. My hubby and I bought the game at launch, played a few months and are now back at the game. I have 5 bag slots and 6 character slots and I was just amazed to find out he is running around with only 3 bag slots. That would kill me. Worse than that, when we came back to the game this month he went patron and I didn't. So here I am with more benefits and not paying a monthly fee. Like I said, we both bought the game at launch...so he should have the same bag slots and character slots as me. They already told him that they can't retrieve his characters who are stuck on a realm that he can't access (level 50) and now we find he's being ripped off here as well. This is such a great game, I don't want to be frustrated over something like this, but at this point I'm pretty discouraged.

+ Reply to Thread