+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I copied the entire folder from my friend's computer and it did not work

Soulwalker

Default I copied the entire folder from my friend's computer and it did not work

Hi guys, give me some light!

My friend downloaded the game and started to play. I became interested and I copied the folder ( ~18.9 GB ) from his PC to mine, but it just dont work. Any suggestion?

Thnx!

Suggestion: Download Rift from the website on your computer directly.

Soulwalker

=((((((((((

My internet download rate is sooo slow. Is there any other folder that I must to get from mu fiend's PC??

Well, he just downloaded it, not really installed. But when I click at Rift icon, the launcher comes in and I need to press "Update". It will download a patch ~20 Mb, then another, and other.... Is that right? I think the launcher is trying to download the game, not just update it. Am i right, or not!? I'm confuded! AHaHahhaha
    Last edited by Pedrinho; 06-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Run the rift download and point the installation to the exact folder you copied it to. It should scan and see all the data and install/patch what you are missing (mostly registry keys)

or run the install to the point of when it is starting to download, cancel it then copy all the data into the folder that was created by the install program
    Last edited by Exosus; 06-20-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Soulwalker

Exosus,

I dont have this option in the client. I just have "settings", only to choose between language an other stuff"

I'm doing exactly u said about "opy all the data into the folder that was created by the install program"

Lets see if it will work
    Last edited by Pedrinho; 06-20-2013 at 02:36 PM.

When you run the downloaded install application it should ask where do you want to install Rift

However it might be easier to just let it install and start patching then cancel

I believe it installs it to something like c:\Trion\Rift

Then copy your friends folder over, just make sure it all goes into the right folder

All else fails, start patching before going to bed

Soulwalker

Yeah, I did that, but the Update buttom is flashing. Lets see when it will going to finish...

Thnx Exosus!!

Ohh, and I noticed that my launcher version is STABLE-203-3-C-821189. I don't know if this is the last version or not...
    Last edited by Pedrinho; 06-20-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Soulwalker

Don't try to launch the game using Rift.exe.
    You need to use riftpatchlive.exe.

+ Reply to Thread