+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Live-patcher and game latency

Soulwalker

Default Live-patcher and game latency

Why is the Rift live-patcher downloading at very low speeds? I've downloaded the latest installer and the download speed is always around 140-160 KB/sec.

I've tried various troubleshooting steps and even tried getting help from live-chat support. Non were able to work. From changing region settings, deleting files, redownloading the live-patcher, running it as admin, changing firewall settings, closing background processes, doing a trace route with live-chat giving instructions. The problem seems to be happening with the game running as well where my latency is always around 1279 ms! My PC is connected directly to an ADSL modem and there are no port restrictions. Upon starting the live-patcher the speeds start very high but abruptly drop to 140-160 KB/sec. This is very unusual as it has never happened before when I used to play Rift on the same PC.

I'm from Australia so this might be a location issue, however I know of other players from my region that don't have this problem. There are a lot of oceanic players, some with the same ISP, iPrimus, that don't have this issue.

Even if I let the live-patcher finish downloading the client at this low speed then there is still the issue with the latency in the game.

What are my options? I'm a returning player and I'd love to get back into the game.

Soulwalker

Issue resolved, restarted PC, redownloaded live patcher and now working fine!

+ Reply to Thread