+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Elrar
  • 1 Post By Kerin

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unable to login to NA servers: 126 Sent Protocol Version

Soulwalker

Default Unable to login to NA servers: 126 Sent Protocol Version

Hi, it keeps getting stuck at 84% and tells me I am not running the correct version of the game. I tried switching to EU and I was downloading another patch I was able to get into the server choice screen. I uninstalled RIFT, and tried twice trying to log into NA servers again. Still getting stuck at 84%. Anyone know why is this happening?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by honping View Post
    Hi, it keeps getting stuck at 84% and tells me I am not running the correct version of the game. I tried switching to EU and I was downloading another patch I was able to get into the server choice screen. I uninstalled RIFT, and tried twice trying to log into NA servers again. Still getting stuck at 84%. Anyone know why is this happening?
    I turned off firewall, its still the same. I can log into EU after some patch update. I then reverted back to NA and did a recover. It updated and again it goes to that 84% and I get that 'You are not running the correct version of the game" Are the NA servers up? This is not happening to anyone else?

Soulwalker

Default Same with my Application

Same thing is happening with my rift. Somebody please help
    -Thank you

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Hey guys,

We're in the middle of Updating RIFT in North America right now - we expect to be back online by 11AM Pacific or earlier.

This is likely why you can't currently connect to the game, please try again once the update is over

Thanks,

Soulwalker

PDT means California time ? I wish you had a server time clock posted >.<

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey guys,

We're in the middle of Updating RIFT in North America right now - we expect to be back online by 11AM Pacific or earlier.

This is likely why you can't currently connect to the game, please try again once the update is over

Thanks,
    Elrar, tell me, given that every downtime results in someone (many) running to these forums and instead of taking the 10 seconds to check for scheduled downtime post this sort of tiresome thread, why can't your system handle it?

What I mean is this, unless your networking hardware is down, why can't you simply redirect inbound traffic from the launcher to a server that can return a

THE SYSTEM IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE DUMMY, READ THE DAMNED FORUMS!

message that the game client can display?

No, I'm serious, the networking required to do it is pretty trivial and the time saved on here would be huge.
    Last edited by Kerin; 06-19-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Elrar, tell me, given that every downtime results in someone (many) running to these forums and instead of taking the 10 seconds to check for scheduled downtime post this sort of tiresome thread, why can't your system handle it?

What I mean is this, unless your networking hardware is down, why can't you simply redirect inbound traffic from the launcher to a server that can return a

No, I'm serious, the networking required to do it is pretty trivial and the time saved on here would be huge.

OR you could just check the NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post

While I agree a notice would be nice on the patcher, here's a heads up for those that have not been here long.

Rift will be down 99% of Wednesday mornings at 8AM PDT. Wednesday is our weekly hotfix days, you will come to expect anything from small hotfixes to large patches to come our during this time. Most hotfixes are in a 30-60 minute block, maintenance and large patches are normally a couple of hours or more.

There are occasional updates after a major update like 2.3 that come on off-days like the one we say this past Friday, but most are reserved for the Wednesday morning timeslot.

tl;dr Wednesday is patch day.

Quote Originally Posted by captfknamazing View Post
    Mine isn't saying anything about the wrong version, it just gets to 84% and says "you've been disconnected from the server", I don't mean to beat a dead horse but is this also asscociated with the update?
    Yes, it's because of the update.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread