+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You have been disconnected from the server...the new trend

Default You have been disconnected from the server...the new trend

Seriously Trion did you even try fixing whatever the issue was? Most of yesterday, and then twice within 15 minutes today I've been disconnected and then it hangs on my character select screen when I click play again so I have to shut down the game and restart it.

This is beyond frustrating, I'm glad I didn't buy more credits yet (which I had planned on) because at this rate I'm just going to uninstall the game. Get your **** together.
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Telaran

Yerp same thing here for last 30 minutes!!!

Soulwalker

+1
    been happening on and off last few days and no sign of improvement
    can only imagine it gets worse with all the new players coming back in

I've been waiting to post regarding this as I was unable to do so without a sub. This has been happening to me since I came back to play when the free week started. I seriously thought it was my internet connection initially but theres no drop of service when it happens and I can usually log right back in again... for about 30 secs or so.. during which time I am probably frozen, ability and chat wise and just waiting to be dcd again. The worst instance of this occured in the early hours of wednesday morning. I was mentored down, running around freemarch on Icewatch and dragging out major fire rifts in an effort to find the "Invasive species" rift and get a shot at a mount. In between this time a death zone event started and I joined up with a group to close. I never made it to the boss as after three attempts at running for him with no indication that my connection to the server had been severed and getting repeated dc's I gave up. I finally got back online with some sort of stability and left that group and began opening fire rifts again. Finally I got one open near Denegars stand and announced it in 1-29 in case anyone wanted to join me. Then I got dc'd. I came back in to find myself unmentored and in combat with one of the bugs so I had to kill it as a 60. I mentored back down again and grouped up with a couple of guys who had seen my message. I started killing the next 3 hellbugs only to begin a cycle of "begin casting, lag out, possibly resume momentarily, lag out and dc" This went on for the next 20 minutes, sometimes I would get kicked to the character screen, try to log in, get so far through the loading percentage and receive the "You have been disconnected from the server" message again. Sometimes I would get back in with enough time to start channeling a spell and then lag out and dc.

Today has been no exception. Lag spikes which may or may not clear without a dc, Disconnections without any indication that theres a loss of connection other than 30 secs to 1 min of not being able to send chat or cast spells (i.e no loss of internet connection, no colour change on the in game latency icon)

Soulwalker

Default Disconnect

Same here, and it's getting really annoying. If some fix or solution isn't forthcoming, I will just uninstall, and walk away...

Dunno if this will help, but I found that reducing the overclock on my chip from 4.4 to 4.0 stopped my DC's from happening.

Unsure if the folks in this thread have OC'd chips, but if you do, you might look into it.

**Trion still needs to fix the underlying issue, it's a shame to have to load a crappy profile just to play RIFT, when every other program operates at the max clock just fine.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    Dunno if this will help, but I found that reducing the overclock on my chip from 4.4 to 4.0 stopped my DC's from happening.

Unsure if the folks in this thread have OC'd chips, but if you do, you might look into it.

**Trion still needs to fix the underlying issue, it's a shame to have to load a crappy profile just to play RIFT, when every other program operates at the max clock just fine.
    I don't see how an OC'd cpu is connected to this issue though..

Quote Originally Posted by mieeew View Post
    I don't see how an OC'd cpu is connected to this issue though..
    It makes no sense, but it absolutely fixed my issues. I went from a crash every 10-20 minutes to stable all raid tonight. It makes ZERO rational sense...but it worked /shrug.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    It makes no sense, but it absolutely fixed my issues. I went from a crash every 10-20 minutes to stable all raid tonight. It makes ZERO rational sense...but it worked /shrug.
    Well, I guess I could try to do the same, have mine OC'd to 4.4 atm.

Soulwalker

Same thing is happening to me. I have to exit the game and wait a minute to be able to reconnect. If I try to recconnect right away within the game it always fails. Just started happening two days ago. I thought it was my internet provider, but that has been ruled out.

Happening to me as well. Like clockwork I have been getting disconnected every six minutes.
    I then have to wait about 2 minutes to connect to the server. Comp's not Oced, so it shouldn't be that. It is getting quite frustrating though...

Shadowlander

This is happening to myself and a few guild mates. I really want to buy the new souls for storm legion, but I'm hanging off atm because of all the disconnects. Very annoying. I don't have an overclocked cpu so cant test that but I've got the same issue on 2 pc's in the house both disconnecting..

Soulwalker

Default Same...

Haven't had the issue much at all since returning during the free week before F2P. But this morning has been a disaster. Nothing has changed on my end since yesterday when I played without problem.

Frustrating.

Soulwalker

Yeah this has been happening to me as well. Started when I downloaded Rift 2.3 Hotifx #4. So frustrating, play for 10 to 15 mins then get DC'ed. Wait 2 to 5 mins to log back in or else it hangs up. Rinse and Repeat.

Soulwalker

Happening to me again also.
    It seems to be around the same time each day.

Yesterday it sorted itself after about an hour or so, but its not pleasant being dump in the middle of an instance, or during a warfront and then finding yourself booted from the group with the debuff so you can't rejoin.

If its any help to the trion team, after you are dropped you cannot connect again and rejoin the server. In fact it takes 2-3 attempts before you can successfully reconnect to the server and log into the game.

You don't even have to be dropped for the 3 peat connection issue to take place.
    I just logged out then. Trying to log back in and guess what. Stuck at character loading screen.
    Drop twice and third time I can enter the game.

Please fix. :-)
    Last edited by Doomsday22K; 06-19-2013 at 04:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast