+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Elrar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Game crashes almost constantly?

Shadowlander

Default Game crashes almost constantly?

Hello all,

Lately hte game has been crashing alot, from seemingly doing random things.

Like yesterday, i was just sitting in meridian, chatting with my guild trying to decide what to do, and boom, game crashes to desktop.

a few hours later, questing, in the middle of a fight and again the game crashes to desktop.

Doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to the crashes, just seems ot happen randomly.

Shadowlander

Default Mine too

This has been going on for the last couple of weeks, mostly in the morning (US), Disconnects for no reason. Getting really tired of it.

Telaran

Cant play more than a minute without a disconnect now

Rift Disciple

If you are crashing to the desktop. I would simply try using the recovery tool. To find this tool, simply log into the launcher. Don't hit Play. Look below the play button and a little to the right and you'll see something at says recover. Push that a wait it out.

That has stopped the constant crashes to desktop I was experiencing. Let me know if it works for you as well.

Soulwalker

Default Game contues to crash

Wow getting a little tiresome having to log back in after being booted " Sever Temporarily unavailable" or booted back to windows. Been playing since Beta and never been close to this bad. Anyone know the answer?

Soulwalker

I'm also getting tons of random crashes. I only started playing the game a few days ago (for the first time) and I've never really had complete play session where crashing didn't occur. I do send the crash reports every time.

I love the game and I honestly would like to make some kind of commitment to it in terms of supporting the cash shop ... but I feel a bit on-the-fence about this, because of the constant crashes. I have quite a large selection of games (incl. some MMO's) installed on this PC, and Rift is the only game I'm having these kinds of problems with.

Hopefully tech support will be able to advise.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Makovorn View Post
    I'm also getting tons of random crashes. I only started playing the game a few days ago (for the first time) and I've never really had complete play session where crashing didn't occur. I do send the crash reports every time.

I love the game and I honestly would like to make some kind of commitment to it in terms of supporting the cash shop ... but I feel a bit on-the-fence about this, because of the constant crashes. I have quite a large selection of games (incl. some MMO's) installed on this PC, and Rift is the only game I'm having these kinds of problems with.

Hopefully tech support will be able to advise.
    EDIT: Also, I have run the recovery tool multiple times.

(Off-topic: Why is there a time-out on the edit button?? Weird. )
    Last edited by Makovorn; 06-19-2013 at 07:08 AM.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Hey all,

The good news is we've successfully identified processes we believe are responsible for causing the daily early-morning Disconnects we've seen occur like clockwork.

Our team is working to isolate and resolve the root of it which means we're getting closer to resolving this issue permanently.

We realize this is frustrating and an unacceptable way to play the game - we do hope to have it cleared up in the nearest of futures.

Thanks for the continued patience until then!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

The good news is we've successfully identified processes we believe are responsible for causing the daily early-morning Disconnects we've seen occur like clockwork.

Our team is working to isolate and resolve the root of it which means we're getting closer to resolving this issue permanently.

We realize this is frustrating and an unacceptable way to play the game - we do hope to have it cleared up in the nearest of futures.

Thanks for the continued patience until then!
    Elrar,

You have no idea (or maybe you do, but I'll say it for effect anyway) how big a deal it is for you (and by you, I mean Trion representative) to acknowledge the issue and give a status update like this on it. I mean huge. Tremendous. Many thanks.

Ascendant

While I appreciate the status reports, I really do think it's unacceptable that we are having this issue for too darn long now. 2.3 has even made it worse. It's now become a fact that just about any type of porting/teleporting, but sometimes even just STANDING STILL in TB disconnects me way too often.... And again - these past few days have been horrible.

We've been reporting this for a long, long time, and I must say patience is starting to wear thin when all we can conclude lately is that the problem is getting bigger instead of less present....

+ Reply to Thread