+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to Load game/ get to character screen

Soulwalker

Default Unable to Load game/ get to character screen

Every time I log in and the screen goes to the load screen, it stops at 80% and says "Disconnected from Server. Press OK to reconnect, or Cancel to exit." What is going on? I've been playing fine for a couple of days now. My internet connection is at optimal connection so it's not that. Pleeeeeeease help. I want to play! =p

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

At a guess this might be your answer

All North American shards are now offline for maintenance - I'll be back in 3 hours or less,
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...-5-1-13-a.html

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    At a guess this might be your answer

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...-5-1-13-a.html
    WHAT?! Ok I know this makes me look crazy and completely oblivious. However I swear if I would have known that I needed to check the forum news and announcements regularly I would have done that! I only checked the forums under the "technical issues" topic because that was the issue I was having. Thanks for informing me!

Sword of Telara

For your future edification, Wednesdays are patch day, and servers can go offline any time between 5am and 10 am Pacific, with the vast majority of the patches starting at 8am. They can take anywhere from less than 45 minutes to several (or many, in the case of huge patches with issues) hours to finish.

Elrar (if he keeps up the quality standard that Amary gave us) will keep us informed of major status changes/updates as they occur.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chantillary View Post
    For your future edification, Wednesdays are patch day, and servers can go offline any time between 5am and 10 am Pacific, with the vast majority of the patches starting at 8am. They can take anywhere from less than 45 minutes to several (or many, in the case of huge patches with issues) hours to finish.

Elrar (if he keeps up the quality standard that Amary gave us) will keep us informed of major status changes/updates as they occur.
    Awesome thanks! I didn't know that. Good to know.

+ Reply to Thread