+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Initial Loading Screen-Background and that's it..!!???

Soulwalker

Default Initial Loading Screen-Background and that's it..!!???

Hey I'm just coming back to rift for the free weekend, had an acct previously when the game initially launched (using same acct). After enter my login credentials and hit enter when the game begins to load all I see is the background of some kind of throne room, but that's it, nothing else loads. Help and thanks

Soulwalker

hey just an update, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client. It worked fine the first time but now it's going back to the same thing.

Once I login in i get a bunch of crazy horizontal lines and flashes on the screen that move up or down then a partial character selection screen where only the character shows against the background (throne room). If i hit enter I will log into the game but no controls or abilities are available, just the character and the world. I can't even use hotkeys.

Was hoping to use this free week to see if I wanted to resubscribe heh, I hope there is a resolution before it's over. Thanks again tech team or community for any advice you can offer.

This sounds like either a faulty graphics card, old drivers or just too old of a machine. Please post your specs and driver versions.

alt tab / alt enter
    usually works

if you have the old client still in there with old addons, you might want to get rid of them and see if it helps
    who took my names!

I have the exact same issue. I did a clean install and I was able to log in and play while the download was going but once it finished and I logged out, I went back to blank character load screen.

GTX-570M with driver 314.22

Soulwalker

OS-Win7, version 6.17601
    Processor-intel core i7-2600k
    Ram-16 GB
    Graphics card- Nvidia GeForce GTX 590 310.90

am i missing anything? ty for the commentary.

I tried the alt/tab alt/enter thing, didn't work but ty for suggestion, ah well. Free week is about over /sigh
    Last edited by Llorien; 03-30-2013 at 11:23 PM.

I put in a ticket and after a little run-around, I got someone who knew exactly what was wrong. I just had to update DirectX. I didn't think to check that since the launcher usually lets you know if your DirectX is out of date. Anyway, quick download and install and now I'm up and running. I hope that works for you as well.

+ Reply to Thread