+ Reply to Thread

Thread: with this gpu help my fps?

Soulwalker

Default with this gpu help my fps?

Hi guys, been playing for a while and can only manage to squeak out 20-30 fps during my gameplay My System is as follows.

Amd phenom 965 quad core ~3.6 ghz.
    8 gb ram
    GTX 560 ti
    I'm wondering if you guys think upgrading to a GTX 660 will give me a little more consistency in the fps category? thanks in advance

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Draekat View Post
    Hi guys, been playing for a while and can only manage to squeak out 20-30 fps during my gameplay My System is as follows.

Amd phenom 965 quad core ~3.6 ghz.
    8 gb ram
    GTX 560 ti
    I'm wondering if you guys think upgrading to a GTX 660 will give me a little more consistency in the fps category? thanks in advance
    No it will not. It is not the GPU, it is the CPU. Trion made an announcement on trying to multithread the game, it will take some time if we ever see it. Even tho's with HIGH end pc's have crap FPS, it is the engine.

I as well as others have asked many MANY times for the Devs to post their PC specs to see what they use to run the game, all to come to a dead end with no answer. So only thing i can think is their FPS are crap too and they do not want to comment on it because it would cause more chaos. Hearing they are trying to improve the issue sounds great but if you really read it, its a test to see if it will work or help not that it actually will.

Soulwalker

Default wow...

really....that sucks, whats the point in putting out a game that cant even hyperthread...and NO one can run it at that speed...seems like a poor buisness model

Like the person above said, it will not help. I have an i7-3770k clocked @ 4.5Ghz and a GTX680 and I still get horrible framerates in raid situations, open world events, and conquest.
    what is this I don't even

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Like the person above said, it will not help. I have an i7-3770k clocked @ 4.5Ghz and a GTX680 and I still get horrible framerates in raid situations, open world events, and conquest.
    What does help some, and i mean SOME, even if your card is Dx11, Download the OFFLINE dx9 installer, and install it.

After restart your PC, edit your shortcut to your Rift on your desktop to have -dx11 at the end. Play the game. It will help a little. That is the only thing i have found to boost my fps by about 5-10 fps in some situation. While in instances i would be around 25-30, im around 35-42 ish for the most part.
    its worth a shot.

+ Reply to Thread