+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video card running hotter after patch???

Default Video card running hotter after patch???

Why? I have a an i7 2600 3.40 gz cpu an ati radeon 6700 hd video card 64 bit win 7. and 6 gigs was 8 but a chip died. and my card runs from 80c 90c and the fan is at like 67%. I ahve graphics set low even tho i can run ultra with no problems its just that fan is annoying. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    ati radeon 6700 hd video card. any tips?
    Get an NVidia card

Quote Originally Posted by Taxt View Post
    Get an NVidia card
    fanboy obviously, dont get a Nvidia if you want to OC it

is my video card gona burn out? because now its at 92c

Plane Walker

You should probably increase the fan speed.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ911 View Post
    You should probably increase the fan speed.
    its auto adjusts it was hitting liek 70 -80% speed it gets loud

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    is my video card gona burn out? because now its at 92c
    Probably, if you run it at that temp for months at a time, you will greatly increase the chance you burn it out, or at least shorten its life expectancy.

You want to give us any more info? Brand of the GPU? Operating temps before patch? Any recent driver changes, etc? Any coolant system in your PC other than stock fans? Is the card or CPU overclocked?

Check here for normal operating temps:
    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...&limitstart=12

Quote Originally Posted by Taxt
    Get an NVidia card
    Not only is this funny advice, it's useless.

Mine is running hotter for sure, with 0 changes to driver or hardwares.

Other friends are reporting everything from higher GPU temps, to outright freezes/GPU resets that they never had before.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

cross reference the game settings with the card display setttings and make sure nothing s conflicting
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    cross reference the game settings with the card display setttings and make sure nothing s conflicting
    What do you mean cross reference? I turned off my overclock on my radeon hd6700 I ahve athe rift settings near low with everything unchecked whuch is bull because thing used to handle everything max and the fan never made a noise.

this is what my settings look like. I turned everything down I' afraid something is gona break.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/lookmw.png/
    Last edited by Izualy; 03-01-2013 at 08:44 AM.

At the very least, turn off the anistrophic filtering cause AMD/ati cards are horrible with it, but they do antialiasing well though. Running your gcard at those temps will destroy it quick, burst caps etc.... you need to setup a gaming profile for rift with a program called afterburner from MSI. That will let your card run at stock settings and fan speed for 2d rendering and then you can make another profile with a 80-100% fan speed and a slight overclock. yes, the card will be louder but its worth it not destroy your components. I'd ypu use a headset you probably won't even hear it.
    MOBO: EVGA P67 FTW, CPU: I5 2500K @4.8Ghz 24/7 (L051B104), RAM: Gskill PI 1600 CAS 6, SSD: Samsung 830 128gb, HDD: WD Caviar Black 750gb, PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA Sc HSF~ P/P 88CFM Yate Loons, G-CARD: EVGA GTX780, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B, MON: HP 2159m, HdSet: steelseries Siberia

Quote Originally Posted by Vandarr View Post
    At the very least, turn off the anistrophic filtering cause AMD/ati cards are horrible with it, but they do antialiasing well though. Running your gcard at those temps will destroy it quick, burst caps etc.... you need to setup a gaming profile for rift with a program called afterburner from MSI. That will let your card run at stock settings and fan speed for 2d rendering and then you can make another profile with a 80-100% fan speed and a slight overclock. yes, the card will be louder but its worth it not destroy your components. I'd ypu use a headset you probably won't even hear it.
    Is the fan going to break at those speeds?

nvmmmmmm...
    Last edited by Izualy; 03-02-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Champion

1: Check the video card for obstructions (dust bunnies etc) and remove them.
    2: If possible move an adjacent card or the video card so as the neighboring "slot" is empty.
    3: Download any number of "tweaker" programs (MSI Afterburner, Sapphire Trixx, Riva Turner etc) and create a custom fan profile.

Most ATI GPUs iirc, are capable to run up to 110C, probably not suggested but yes, they can.

If you are technically capable, and have the know how, you could replace the thermal material (paste/goo) under the Heat Sink Fan assembly that "attaches" the HSF to the GPU itself.

Lastly, there is the Ostrich method,..Buy an enclosed (over the) ear headset, such as Sennheiser PC350s.. with A:: your fans cranked to 100% you wont hear a thing :-)
    CPU: AMD FX 9370@ 5.1Ghz Cooling: Corsair H100
    Mem: 32GB GSkill 1.5V 9-9-9
    HDD: 1 OCZ SSD (boot drive), 2x OCZ SSD in Raid 0 (game drive) 1x 2TB (backup)
    GPU: Sapphire 290
    Asus VH242H (1920x1080p) X3 for 5760 x 1080 Goodness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast