+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any AMD 7950 owners out there?

Shadowlander

Default Any AMD 7950 owners out there?

I'm thinking about getting a 7950 with my i5-3570k. How is your 7950 running this game? I'm still debating between this card and the 660 ti but I'm leaning more to the amd 7950. (192bit vs 384bit)

I run the I5 3570 with the 7950 card and it kicks butt in this game. I run around 45 FPS on ultra settings with AA on.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Warnpeace View Post
    I run the I5 3570 with the 7950 card and it kicks butt in this game. I run around 45 FPS on ultra settings with AA on.
    Thanks for the info . What do you get during huge events on Volan, and in Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocron View Post
    Thanks for the info . What do you get during huge events on Volan, and in Cities.
    check this out bro

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-rift-cfg.html

Soulwalker

Default 7900

Well I've got the one down from that and it runs rift across 3 monitor at 30 fps but I've got it to run at 80 fps on one monitor

Rift Disciple

I just put a 7950 in this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...riesId=5330773

and upgraded the PSU. Note: I am well aware this is a good but not great machine, but it was cheap as hell for the parts as a whole and I needed a desktop (did not pay msrp).

Going to be playing with it to get max FPS with rift. Haven't had time to do much tweaking but I did get it to about 30fps in tempest bay on ultra settings, GPU overclocked to 1000mhz running about 95%, 75C steady with no great cooling in the case, full screen windowed, 2 monitors plugged in (game on main). After reading more about rift's engine, though, it apparently is usually a CPU, not GPU holding the game back.

In comparison, WoW got about 70 fps steady at max with shadows - only had time to do about 10 minutes of tweaking though and no overclock.

Didn't run it on anything but ultra settings - hoping to find a sweet spot with good-great graphics and steady FPS for the $ invested. Will share any findings.

+ Reply to Thread