+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NA Shard Update Will Not Apply Until EU Shards Update

Shadowlander

Default NA Shard Update Will Not Apply Until EU Shards Update

There is a "small number of customers this affects" and I am of the lucky few. There is "no known cause or fix available." I've spoken with phone support twice now regarding this issue. There is no error message.

"You are not running the correct version of the game. Please exit and run the patcher again. A new version may be on its way!"

Everytime the NA shards come down for an update the client is down until the EU shards update. This is the only known "fix" available. Essentially, for those this affects the client goes down in the morning and is unavailable until normal people are usually calling it a night and hitting the sack.

Running the patch files as administrator, deleting patch files, reinstalling the entire game, all of the usual fixes associated with repairing the patcher are useless in working around this particular issue.

I resubbed after an 8mo hiatus a month ago. I am becoming more aggravated with this particularly the idea that its a known issue and the accepted response is to just wait each time for the EU shards to update. I am assuming that it affects so few customers that the time and resources necessary to correct the issue cannot be justified. I would accept this honesty with gratitude over continuing to experience a known problem with no end in sight.

I am looking for an answer not an "apology for the inconvenience." I would rather be told nothing is being done about it or will be done in the near future and cancel my account than continue to be led to believe an "investigation" spanning three weeks is occuring when in fact it is not. I assume this is the case because my patience to this point has ended. I was completely willing to accept that higher echelons of technical support would need to become involved and that it wouldnt happen over night. Three weeks later and nothing at all triggered another phone call, the same conversation almost verbatim, and another "investigation" from which no answer can be expected. I would really just prefer to be told privately or otherwise that unfortunately I will continue to experience this indefinately and be given the option to continue subscribing or not with this in mind.

Ascendant

Using the standard client you can connect to both the US and EU servers in one account. This is fine except that the US gets patches 12 hours or so before us due to the time difference. So what I believe is the problem is that your launcher is set to download the update from the US shards but since it's a different game version for a while the EU servers reject your connection while they are one version behind.

Have you ever played on a US server from the EU when an update arrived?
    This is the only explanation I can think of. Maybe someone who plays on both servers can explain abit more.

Shadowlander

No, unfortunately that is not the case. There is no logical explanation I am aware of or been made privvy to.

Ascendant

Just though of an idea.

In your user profile in Windows Rift stores detail

C:\Users\insertyourusername\AppData\Roaming\RIFT

or use Run and type
    Code:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\RIFT
    There's a file called riftpatch.cfg and here's mine:

Code:
    [Patcher]
    CommandLine="\"C:\\Games\\RIFT Game\\riftpatchlive.exe\" "
    Language=English
    Region=europe
    StreamingMode=0
    MaxDownloadSpeed=0
    ExpansionPack=0
    AllowP2P=1
    Login=myemailadress
    LastDepot=External-AMS-Live-Streaming-Release

[Entitlements]
    1124=1
    1130=1
    1136=1
    1195=1
    400=1
    401=1
    425=1
    426=1
    439=1
    440=1
    458=1
    64=1
    71=1
    72=1
    959=1
    961=1
    1650=1
    1649=1
    1845=1
    1844=1
    1985=1

[Tooltips]
    If you notice mine says europe, does yours?

Shadowlander

I checked no it says us.

Does anyone from Trion look at this? How long am I expected to wait for an answer? Did anyone else notice the "update" on the support area of the website dated 12MAR that removed the telephone number? WTF

I'm sitting in an online chat queue for a problem I've called twice about with ZERO resolution. Its ********. I've been patient. I am not posting all the time or calling you every other day. I was told it would be researched and resolved over a month ago. I shouldnt have to be sitting in a queue especially not because you've removed your phone number (or at least made it difficult to find) to avoid getting phone calls to fix your ****.

+ Reply to Thread