+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: In-Game Overlays (Like Mumble & Teamspeak) Can Cause Crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post
    Is there a working overlay for the latest team speak?
    Overwolf is better overlay works well with RIFT it has teamspeak overlay plugin and much more.

If overlays aren't a problem on GW2, WoW, Neverwinter, etc. Why are they a problem for RIFT? Hopefully the RIFT team is working on a fix for this, since overlays shouldn't be causing client crashes unless there is faulty coding.
    I5-3570K @4.1GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 670 | Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaw

Soulwalker

I pretty well only run WF's endlessly and suffer CTD's every 3-4 battles usually during the port but also when combining several mm skills used for escape. Mainly the leap backwards skill.

This has only been occurring this regularly since the last update previously it was far less often but still happened during transition.

Typically I am always going from meridian > random wf > meridian.

What i am unhappy about is my xp and favor boost's ticking down because the ctd causes me to be booted from the wf and then i get a penalty for something outside my control.

Even without any addons this problem exists and i use no overlay's with the exception of my anti virus although nothing has caused my av to fire an overlay so i doubt this is the problem.

Drivers are all up to date etc etc i could post a dxdiag however its pointless as you wont find anything that will cause issues.

I will mention however i am using a SLI rig if there are any compatibility issues with SLI let me know so i can disable one card.

Soulwalker

I can say that XXlawXX and I have the exact same problem. Since the last update the crashing has increased with atleast the double. I have a guildmate who also has the same problem after the update.

Soulwalker

Default Failure to connect to server. All day. No help.

I still can not connect to my server, after this mornings patch.
    I am on Necropolis server, I have asked for help through Tech - support.
    I have posted in Tech support. I have asked guild members on Rift mobile, I have also asked on RAPTR.

I assumed maybe to many people were playing, but I have been trying to log since 3pm it is now almost 12 am.
    I tried uninstalling all of my add-ons , thinking maybe those were affecting the game.
    I also used the "recover option"
    None of these things I have tried have worked. I dont see anyone else posting this error.

My game was fine before this patch, and I am very confused. and Very frustrated that I can't log on.

"Failure to connect to the server" Stuck at 74%loaded. , if I click "OK" it doesnt connect to server, so I just have to click "Cancel" and close Rift out.... And keep trying over and over again in hopes it will load up.

No help from anyone so far. FRUSTRATED really is an undrestatement!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

Our awesome engineers are always keeping an eye on the reports we receive whenever your game unexpectedly exits - thanks for sending them by the way, keep it up!

This error can then cause the RIFT game client itself to crash.

Quick question... does that error report get saved on local Hard drive, if so where?

Or would those awsome developers kindly put a "view report" button on the popup.

I would like to see this report that gets sent to the developers.

Thanks

Soulwalker

I have better than the recomended requirements to run rift, i run it at low graphs but still while i play at randoms times the game crashes ( it apears the messeges that the screen's cable is disconnected eventhough it isnt ) the only way to fix this is reboot the pc

Soulwalker

Default Overwolf!

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post
    Is there a working overlay for the latest team speak?
    Been using Overwolf, and it is golden, haven't experienced any crashes from it.

r35

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebix View Post
    Been using Overwolf, and it is golden, haven't experienced any crashes from it.
    I've had nothing but good experiences with Overwolf as well.

Default Overwolf

Saw this news from April, don't know if it will help some..
    Diz

http://www.overwolf.com/blog/fps-dro...ved/#more-1788

Telaran

I dont use an overlay with mumble and still get random crashes. I'd love to see whats in those reports so that I know what causes it and maybe can get a fix??? Any way we can see whats in the report when we send it to you?

Telaran

You can add the app Razor Cortex and Steam to the list as they also apply an Overlay. In fact, Razor Cortex's UI doesn't even need to be running to apply the Overlay. It is one of the services it installs that is running.

However, in Windows 10, whether user downloaded or not, The Xbox cross platform software & connection interface as well is installed AFTER you install Windows 10 (silently). This as well has an Overlay and thus will provoke this behavior.

This is not a crash from what I've seen. It's a lockup that appears to be from changing resolutions. However, using SoftIce, it is clear it is when DirectX is initialized. It's not consistent every boot but random per restart.

I'm only pointing out "a crash" vs a "lock up", because other than a BSOD, all crashes of apps you can close/exit and continue. Where as a lock up requires a "hard restart". To shed more light on this for you to see, hitting your "power off" button on your machine 1 time should invoke Windows to shutdown. Since this is a lock up, the power button does not respond this way. Now, before jumping ahead, holding the power button in 5 seconds will turn your machine off, but still doesn't "shutdown" Windows. Also, if your machine has a reset button, this doesn't shutdown Windows either. Which brings me to -- it requires a "hard restart".
    Last edited by Skyloque; 12-02-2016 at 04:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2