+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift unable to connect to port 80 after 2.1 Hotfix #9

Default Rift unable to connect to port 80 after 2.1 Hotfix #9

Hello,

I currently run 4G Wireless internet, i have to block all the ports that Rift runs on just to play the game to start off with otherwise i get the error: Your external ip address has changed.

Block the P2P ports and forcing Rift to connect to Port80 HTTP has been the only way that i've been able to play this game.

After 2.1 Hotfix #9 i am getting an error when attempting to connect to server, basically it's saying "Unable to connect to server, please try again"

This is incredibly frustrating, as there doesn't seem to be a solution in order to play on 4G/3G connections.

I am unable to obtain a Cable / ADSL connection due to being in the Military, this is my only option.

Is there any further solutions to my problems? If not, i guess i will have to remove my subscription to this game..

I dont understand why the message about your ip changing is such a problem. when that happens they email you the number code to put in to unlock it straight to your email immediately. You cant retrieve that? That would surely be easier than the way your going about it. What service provider do you have for your 4g? Are you trying to hide your tethered usuage, is that the issue for you? Im sure i can help you but i really need to know more about what your trying to accomplish.
    MOBO: EVGA P67 FTW, CPU: I5 2500K @4.8Ghz 24/7 (L051B104), RAM: Gskill PI 1600 CAS 6, SSD: Samsung 830 128gb, HDD: WD Caviar Black 750gb, PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA Sc HSF~ P/P 88CFM Yate Loons, G-CARD: EVGA GTX780, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B, MON: HP 2159m, HdSet: steelseries Siberia

"This error can be caused by a few things such as a mobile broadband connection or connecting from a secure location such as work or a university connection. These types of connections will often route your login traffic through a secure proxy which returns one IP address to us and then when you connect to our game servers they will not route that through the same proxy as it doesn't involve secure data and so it returns a separate IP address to us."

This is what is happening to me, i have a Wireless 4G modem which is rerouting IP addresses, the only way in the past has been by forcing the Rift connection to use HTTP Port 80. But now it does not seem to want to work.

I am using Telstra 4G (Australian)

Have tried using just a secure port instead like 443,22,554,8081 or 593? or using a combo of two of those? I use my 4g phone as a modem to play but I use pdanet to do it so you may want to look into using a app instead with your cell, may be easier and a better connection!! I think your in AU also rite? You guys over there seem to be having a lot of problems with your internet lately with high latency, dropped connections etc...so there def a issue at the ISP, whether they admit that to you or not is a whole other monster. If you figure it out def let us know cause I'm sure another person may run across this issue eventually, even though you are the first ive seen ask it.
    MOBO: EVGA P67 FTW, CPU: I5 2500K @4.8Ghz 24/7 (L051B104), RAM: Gskill PI 1600 CAS 6, SSD: Samsung 830 128gb, HDD: WD Caviar Black 750gb, PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA Sc HSF~ P/P 88CFM Yate Loons, G-CARD: EVGA GTX780, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B, MON: HP 2159m, HdSet: steelseries Siberia

Contact CS to get that restriction lifted from your account.

Yep.. contact CS.

I am on mobile broadband, and had this issue a lot.

Very frustrating. Had nothing to do with coin lock, since I had unlocked so many times the entire ISP range was whitelisted, but it didnt stop the "your external IP has changed" problems.

I contacted CS, and they removed the IP restrictions. Has worked like a charm ever since.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

+ Reply to Thread