+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Constant random disconnections

Default Constant random disconnections

I am currently having the issue of constant random disconnection. This problem has been with me sense i got into storm legion lil under a month ago and its become a real problem. I will be wandering along fine or sitting afk somewhere and i get disconnected from the game server, re-connection is fine and iv watched everything with my laptop wireless, never drops good speed/stability but still this persist. Its also random because sometimes ill go 5 hours without a problem and other times it only takes 20 minutes. I have contacted a GM in game and sent him/her Ip latency, transparency etc info, the only solution that he/she could come up with was to hard wire into my modem router combo from century link DSL. But my laptop does not seem to be able to even see the connection when its hooked up. I dont know if its a windows 7 issue or not but game ran fine wirelessly on my main computer before i moved. any ideas/help will be greatly appreciated.
    Dont get upset with me if i seem kinda dodgy.. im a rogue tank.

Soulwalker

I'm having the same problem, it seems to me it happens more often when I try to do something, like combat or soul building. Nonetheless it still randomly disconnects me even though my internet is fine. Its really irritating since I just got storm legion and cannot play it without random disconnects

yeah same for me, but its odd, it seems to act all good for me during raids, only reason i haven't quit rift yet, if it cant be fixed thought ill really consider it:/ cant pay 15 bucks a month to go guild-less doing daily's to no avail.

Soulwalker

I reloaded new drivers for my network adapter and lowered my graphics settings (although I think that part is irrelevant) and I've been playing for over 30 minutes with no interruption whereas earlier I couldn't play for more than 5 minutes without disconnecting 3 times. Idk if it will help you but its worth a try?

Yeah i ran a tracer program, problem for me is in my modem/routers connection to the ISP box down the road.

+ Reply to Thread