Closed Thread

Thread: Coin locked?

Default Coin locked?

I just got this message after logging off one character and logging on another. Googling showed that accounts are coin locked when they're logged in from another location, but I only ever use this home computer.

Should I be worried about my account getting hacked? I did get the email and code but I don't know what caused the coin lock. I haven't gotten it before.

It could simply be that the coin lock security feature was reset today between you logging char one and char two.

It did say something about that being a possibility. Maybe it was just terrific timing on my part. Did my usual virus and malware scans like I do whenever something suspicious happens and of course nothing came up.

Does anyone else in your house use that computer for Rift? I have two accounts and when i first got my second one I would be coin locked each time I switched between the two (even though I have never used them anywhere but this PC). Eventually that stopped though and I rarely get coin locked now apart from resets.

Nope just me.

I'm not exactly sure what a reset it though. I suspect that's what caused mine but I don't know.

Every so often when they patch/hotfix it seems to affect Coin lock and many people (if not everyone) become locked. Whether they do it every so often for security, whether they are updating the coin lock process or whether it is just an after effect of something else they have updated I don't know.

Your modem may have gotten a new IP address from your provider too - provided you have a dynamic one.

Hopefully you have changed your passwords since that time.

Anc

Im going to take a wild guess and say that your router was issued a new IP from your internet provider or a piece of equipment (like a router) changed. Your router gets an automatic IP, every now and then it changes, makes the game think you switched locations, and coin locks you.
    Last edited by Anc; 11-28-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Closed Thread