Closed Thread

Thread: Choppy game play

Plane Touched

Default Choppy game play

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing choppy game play in Rift?

In general the game is not running smoothly. Cast bar is choppy moving across the screen, movement is choppy then smooth then choppy.

I'm running a 680gtx classified, core i7 3700k, intel 520 240 gig ssd, asus deluxe mobo, 64bit win 7.

The GPU never goes over 70% load and is mostly around 40%. CPU is mostly unloaded as well. The fans barely come off of idle. Is anyone out there experiencing this?

While I was waiting for Storm Legion to drop I downloaded WoW and started playing it. That game runs like butter for me. Smooth graphics, smooth cast bar, etc. Coming back to Rift it's almost annoying trying to deal with the way the game is running for me. I'm really having a hard time getting back into it and I love this game.

Any tips, help, purple posts?

Thank you in advance.

Rift Disciple

You shouldn't have any issues w/ that system. I play @ max w/ an older i7 940 w/ 6GB DDR3 Memory- and Windows 8 PRO 64-bit(as well as I use to do W7 a few weeks ago, np) - I run smooth as hell, raids, etc- w/ everything maxed at 1920x1080 resolution. I only have the Geforce 560 TI as well - your system is vastly superior to mine (no SSD, etc) -

I would think your having a computer issue, not a Rift problem. Update your video drivers to latest, Update your DirectX to latest, if that doesn't help - scan your system for any spyware/viruses, and check your Startup in MSCONFIG , and see if anything is odd there. Uninstall any odd toolbars in your browser w/ MANAGE ADDONS, etc - Also check your SYSTEM LOGS, and see if SYSTEM has any odd EVENTS under it, like HD errors, etc - if none of that looks fishy, or is all up to date -- you might want to start backing things up, re-install your computer from scratch (format, and re-install) - something is fuzzy w/ your system.. If you want to try something else before wiping and starting over - you could try putting Rift on a separate HD from your OS - if its not already, - simply copy your Rift folder to another hard drive * physically, not a partition of the same hard drive!* - and see if that helps in itself..

Just some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    I was wondering if anyone is experiencing choppy game play in Rift?

In general the game is not running smoothly. Cast bar is choppy moving across the screen, movement is choppy then smooth then choppy.

I'm running a 680gtx classified, core i7 3700k, intel 520 240 gig ssd, asus deluxe mobo, 64bit win 7.

The GPU never goes over 70% load and is mostly around 40%. CPU is mostly unloaded as well. The fans barely come off of idle. Is anyone out there experiencing this?

While I was waiting for Storm Legion to drop I downloaded WoW and started playing it. That game runs like butter for me. Smooth graphics, smooth cast bar, etc. Coming back to Rift it's almost annoying trying to deal with the way the game is running for me. I'm really having a hard time getting back into it and I love this game.

Any tips, help, purple posts?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Valorstrike; 11-16-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Valorstrike- Level 60 Warrior - Faeblight
    Guild Founder/Leader of <Vindicated>
    Come Visit our Website!

Closed Thread