Closed Thread

Thread: Patching has failed. (error 3145)

Soulwalker

Default Patching has failed. (error 3145)

So i recently got a new computer and I figured I'd come back to RIFT for a bit cause some old friends of mine are playing, try to do a fresh install of RIFT on the new PC and I just get the error 3145 near enough immediately after clicking update. Any help would be appreciated

Default Error 3142

Rift patcher is able to download most of the data, but seems to be stuck on one last 14.9MB file at the very end. It constantly loops around every time:

Launch patcher
    It downloads 14.9MB of data
    Goes through the extraction process five times
    At the end it tell me "Patching has failed. (Error #3142)

This is coming on a fresh (hours-old) install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
    I've installed this game on this same setup before, so I know it works.
    Reformatted and reinstalled to clear out a lot of crud in my Windows installation.

Any ideas, tips, hints, or anything regarding this issue?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Odtan View Post
    Rift patcher is able to download most of the data, but seems to be stuck on one last 14.9MB file at the very end. It constantly loops around every time:

Launch patcher
    It downloads 14.9MB of data
    Goes through the extraction process five times
    At the end it tell me "Patching has failed. (Error #3142)

This is coming on a fresh (hours-old) install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
    I've installed this game on this same setup before, so I know it works.
    Reformatted and reinstalled to clear out a lot of crud in my Windows installation.

Any ideas, tips, hints, or anything regarding this issue?
    No idea about error but try right click and run by admin, if not help, restart PC and before Windows start loading hit F8, run windows safe mode that include network and try install.. if install works now, maybe u have firewall or some other program which cause error. GL =)

Quote Originally Posted by Breward View Post
    No idea about error but try right click and run by admin, if not help, restart PC and before Windows start loading hit F8, run windows safe mode that include network and try install.. if install works now, maybe u have firewall or some other program which cause error. GL =)
    Thanks for the reply and your help! However, even after doing everything you suggested, I still get the same problem. I have a better idea of what's happening though after looking at the patcher's log files and I know there's nothing I can do about it. There's a CRC mismatch between the assets.manifest and the final PAK file that keeps being downloaded. When the patcher tries to verify the file, it fails the CRC test and won't continue with the patching. So there's either a problem with the patcher's manifest file or with the file that's being downloaded.

[Tue Oct 2 05:41:10 2012] Verifying hash for PAK file C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT Game\Download\STABLE-110-15-A-706933\character_23.pak.
    [Tue Oct 2 05:41:10 2012] ERR (#3142:AF259F56): Error verifying PAK file assets/character/character_23.pak. The computed hash 9E9D2CE920A8ED7060794E628F98C5F1C98C3AC8 doesn't match the expected hash of 69D81B73972C086EAA58265875848D357CDA741E and the download has been retried too many times.
    [Tue Oct 2 05:41:10 2012] Streaming finished.

If things don't get fixed soon I'm going to contact Trion support and see if they can get this resolved.

Closed Thread