Authentication failed. The login request was not vaild. Please try again later. (Error #2016)
Cant log in. using kaspersky 2013. I have allowed all in settings and grouped anything trion in the trusted list. and the only way i can log in is if i disable my antivirus all together. I have also tried adding file to rift patcher cfg. as was mentiond in another post but no luck
Same here. I guess it has something to do the new password security feature of Kaspersky. But as you can only add web sites to the exemption list, I need to know what site the Rift password is sent to. Help, anyone?
I installed Kaspersky and immediately saw the same error you're getting.
I was then able to make the error go away by adding the RIFT Patcher as a trusted application, like this:
1. Open the Settings window.
2. Go to the Advanced Settings tab (the last one on the top left).
3. Go to Threats and Exclusions.
4. Click the bottom Settings button under Exclusions.
5. Go to the Trusted Applications tab.
6. Click Add->Applications, select the RIFT - Patcher entry under Trion Worlds Inc and press OK. Alternatively, if you don't see the patcher on this list, go back and use Add->Browse instead, then go to the folder where you installed RIFT and double-click the riftpatchlive.exe file.
7. On the next screen, check all the boxes to avoid Kaspersky from interfering with anything the RIFT Patcher does.
8. Press OK, then OK, then Apply.
9. Try logging in to RIFT again. It should work from now on.
Yes, same here
I'm new on this Game and have installed KIS 2013 too. I'm really gonna crazy about this Error 2016 Message but Google and this Forum is my friend. I must thank you jlu, you make my Day .
Maybe should Trion work for a Hotfix! But on the other side no one can install it automatically other the Launcher because the Login not works. Hm that‘s tricky
Last edited by Anarchnophobia; 09-15-2012 at 06:11 AM.