Closed Thread

Thread: Rift Addon Directory

Rift Disciple

Default Rift Addon Directory

I searched for a solution to my problem and did not find one. If one exists already please point that direction.

If not:
    I uninstalled Rift a long time ago have recently in the past few months re-installed it. The problem is my addons. They use to be under program files\Rift Game\Interface\Addons but that is not the location that the "Open Addon Directory" Button now gives me. It points me here:

C:\Users\Burns Desktop\Documents\RIFT\Interface\Addons

And the addons do not generate in the addon window in game, even after restart. The files have been unzipped as well.

I then created a folder in the previous location and placed the addons in it to see if they would come up on the list but they did not.

Any ideas on a workaround or solution?

Thank you in advance
    >I like shootn things<

Rift Disciple

39 views and no reply?

I've either blown minds or this is ridiculously easy to fix...
    >I like shootn things<

Soulwalker

Is this a fresh install of the addons?

You could try using the Curse Client. It may help. I checked my addons and they are installed in the rift/interface/addons directory. It might be because I have it installed on a different hard drive.

IF you uninstalled your game, most likely the addons were deleted at the same time with the folder. If you still have the addons in the ../Program Files/ ... then just copy them over to your ../Documents/ as specified the "Open addon location" button. If they're not in program files, then the uninstaller has deleted the addons alongside the other game data.
    Last edited by Rounded; 08-23-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Rift Disciple

Firstly .. unlike the OP .. my install is brand new.

I am running the game on Windows 7 Home 64 bit.

My installation is in c - Program Files (x86) - Rift

If I look in the folder there is no interface folder at all. If I use the addon button in player selection it only creates a file called NEW. If i create a directory interface/addons/ it doesnt see it even after the program is closed / restarted.

Just like the OP says ..there is a directory in USERS C:\Users\myname\My Documents\RIFT\Interface\Addons but if you put the addon in and then load the program ..it is not seen.
    The addon was simply one which would show co-ordinates in the mini map.

is there a bug with Rift in this respect??
    Last edited by MoMo1; 08-29-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Shadowlander

I had the same problem. I created the "Interface" folder in the rift directory and the created the "Addons" folder in the Interface folder. Then I have put the Addons downloaded in that folder. Nopw everything works fine.

If you are having problems with the new addon directory, I personally would create and addon folder like the person above me mentioned. It would be under C:/program files(x86 if you have it)/ RIFT/interface, then you would create a folder named "Addon". And just put them there. It might work idk though. I also would create an in game ticket so Trion can maybe fix the issue.

Champion

I sort of have the opposite problem. I originally bought and installed the game through steam, which runs on a separate hard drive. Then I re-installed the game on C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT as I upgraded my system drive to an SSD and wanted to take advantage of it.

I can't comment as to the location of my RIFT addons directory before I did the game re-install as I cannot honestly remember. However, at this point, the addons directory button opens to D:\MyName\Documents\RIFT\Interface\Addons. I can put addons in there, and they run correctly. Tried using the curse client briefly, but it wanted to put file in the addons directory in Program Files, and they don't load from there.

I prefer having them in my doc library myself, so this works, but I can't figure out why it's doing that.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    I sort of have the opposite problem. I originally bought and installed the game through steam, which runs on a separate hard drive. Then I re-installed the game on C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT as I upgraded my system drive to an SSD and wanted to take advantage of it.

I can't comment as to the location of my RIFT addons directory before I did the game re-install as I cannot honestly remember. However, at this point, the addons directory button opens to D:\MyName\Documents\RIFT\Interface\Addons. I can put addons in there, and they run correctly. Tried using the curse client briefly, but it wanted to put file in the addons directory in Program Files, and they don't load from there.

I prefer having them in my doc library myself, so this works, but I can't figure out why it's doing that.
    The shift to the documents library is a change on Trions part in one of the recent patches. They are moving everything to the documents folder as this is Microsoft's suggest approach going forward. With the new sync features coming out with the Windows 8 framework, and the direction Microsoft is pushing it makes sense to migrate this stuff to documents.

Closed Thread