+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High ping during gameplay makes it unplayable any help?

Soulwalker

Default High ping during gameplay makes it unplayable any help?

Ive ever since i reinstalled Rift that be 4 days ago now when i play games not yust Rift but any Online game Really i have huge Ping spikes im normal smooth at a 35 to 50 ping on any type of game that is hosted in the EU and to 200 on the US games which is LoL only for me the last 4 days my ping has been skyrocketing every 5 to 15 seconds from 35 to 200 upto a so far max of 16k Ms ping there for most game become unplayable I got a 20-25 mb inet connection we share this with 4 pc 3 iphones and a ipad first i though this was the issues which was at first one of the major issues but my ping didnt go higher then 600 even this morning i was home alone about 4 hours ago i was the only 1 using Inet and me ping keeps rising to far over 3 to 4k makin rift or any other game unplayable Does any1 know a solution how to fix this or atleast make it less annoying so i can actually play the games i like and not go on a bloodrage ><

Soulwalker

bump bump help plz

Ascendant

Have you reviewed and tinkered with the stickies at top of this forum?

They do help, just tinker .... save your original config, and have at it, I constantly tinker and keep getting improvements in my older 6+ year old machine, duo-core intel with nvidia 8800 gts.

Moved to Laethys recently, Meridian very busy, fps never below 12; Ember events 10; Raids hold 20 or higher teens; enjoying no macro lags, have not noticed ability lags.

Rarely dropped from game only in large events like Ember, boss kills.

Never run minimal, use custom adjusting things in the settings in game, and keep good picture.
    Last edited by Chaszar; 06-13-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Soulwalker

Its not my fps mate it has to do with the internet i have a 60 fps and a 35 to 40 in meridian so thats not the iits and issues with me internet and i have no clue how to fix i i did a search on the forums but nothing matches my criteria thats why i post

What country are you in?
    What provider are you on?
    If you're on Virgin, they're updating the lines for faster broadband which made me have stupidly high pings at peak times but, they have completed it now.
    Otherwise, I have no idea. Maybe create a ticket on Trion's webpage so you can get some decent help on the matter.
    you saw nothing
    Nadola
    <Stack on Eight>
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE

Plane Touched

u play with wlan ?
    any other programms running ? that use the connection ?
    ur watching youtube videos ? Listening to any other stream or sth like that ? ^^
    do u share ur connection with someone else ?
    all this can cause high pings

u can also try NetLimiter http://netlimiter.softonic.de/?ab=4
    that shows u which programm cause traffic.

if all that dosent help call ur isp ^^

+ Reply to Thread