+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Network operation timed out

Default Network operation timed out

Thought I would log on for 5 mins before work, and got the message 'Network operation timed out, please check your connection (error #2025)'
    Well I can guess my network if fine as I'm posting here

Anyone else not able to get past the patcher? Server status's are up (Icewatch myself, but its not even getting past account login)

Hopefully will be backup in 9hrs when back from wok,

Many thanks

Dave
    Core i7 (D0 stepping) on Foxconn Bloodrage, 6gb DDR3 Tri Channel, PNY GTX 680,
    80gb OCZ Vertex 2E, 640gb Caviar Black, Ozaki 5.1 surround, HAF 932 Case with 750watt PC Power and Cooling Quad PSU,
    Windows 7, Logitech G19 Keyboard, Razer Lachesis Mouse, 60MB Broadband.

In can login but a friend of mine is also getting the #2025 error.

Soulwalker

Default Me too

I am also getting this error #2025 and cant even login to patcher, was all working fine last night and this morning this has happened so god knows what to do.

Soulwalker

Default me too

i'm having the same problem on both of my comuters/accounts Was fine last night nothing today at all go to log in get the 2025 error code .Just spoke to guildie on ts he says not many people on and he's from the uk also.

I am guessing that this is related to virgin media.... There are some posts on their forums about connection problems with RIFT, League of Legends, WOW and Diablo.
    I suggest call virgin media, the more complaints the quicker it gets fixed.
    (There is a temporary fix about changing you MTU on network adapter to 900)

@Trion, it would probably be in your own benefit to contact Virgin Media UK as they are blocking RIFT for your paying subscribers.
    80gb OCZ Vertex 2E, 640gb Caviar Black, Ozaki 5.1 surround, HAF 932 Case with 750watt PC Power and Cooling Quad PSU,

Telaran

Default Virgin!

I have been trying to play the game since 0700 this morning, the launcher opens but no new or pictures and I get error2025 when I try to log in.
    I also could not open account or forum, but have set ie9 up on a proxy.
    Game remains unplayable, anyway to set up a proxy for the game?

I have the same problem.
    I went to check something early morning I just thought they were doing early hours maintenance updates but mid morning it was the same.

I got in touch with Trion who as usual were very helpful and they said they also received an other complaint and asked me to run a diagnostic and report it back to them.
    They said it sounded like a Virgin Media problem.

For about 2 month I been getting disconnections from Virgin to the net the excuse there upgrading stuff to the speed upgrade, up now this.
    Last edited by Barry Allen; 05-25-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Soulwalker

Same thing here also on Virgin media.

Is this affecting all virgin media customers?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by weeta View Post
    Same thing here also on Virgin media.

Is this affecting all virgin media customers?
    No, it seems to be hit and miss (bit like virgin) I'm in the Midlands and my rift has been dead all day, but WoW and Diablo work fine. My mate in Manchester can play Rift but the Blizzard games time out.
    Support recon about three days lol!
    if they say days expect weeks, they can pay next months subs for me I think.

I'm on Virgin and in the West Mids and I've been getting this issue all day too.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

I found the info here helped:

http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2007...ows-vista.html

Using the setting:

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=900 store=persistent

in CMD

Where local area network is the name of the network interface you use
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 05-25-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Changing the MTU Seems to work for some other games and the unaccessible websites, didn't for me though - not sure if anyone has any success with it regarding RIFT yet?

Can google and download tcp optimizer which does the same as the command line, select custom and change the MTU box.

I'm on a wireless dongle and thought that might be why it didn't work for me, but you can also specify the same thing in the router settings.

Again seems hit and miss for who it works for.

Hopefully its not going to go on for too long..

Soulwalker

Default worked for me

Hi i downloaded tcp optimizer and changed it to custom then changed mtu down to 900 i conected into game first time.I have been on phone today to both virgin and trion tech support which neither have helped sort it out.O that was after virgin wanted to charge me 6.00 a month lol

wondering if its not working for me as I use a wireless dongle, probabaly cant be configured in the same way as ethernet adapters can.

Telaran

It may be I have ethernet connection. on default settings the launcer opens with no artwork and gives me error 2025. Changing it to 900 works fine.
    In my years of computing I have always found answers on forums and never received ANY help from support, isp's games you name it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast