+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sli?

Plane Touched

Default Sli?

So I currently have a gtx570, and, while performance Isn't were I think it should be at, its not that bad(about 30-40 fps). I just ordered another card and was wondering if I will see any increase at all in sli or if I should not get my hopes up.

Current set-up is
    1090t @ 3.8Ghz
    8gigs of 1333 ram
    game is on an ssd
    and (soon to be sli) gtx 570

Oh an resolution is 1920x1080. currently have 2 monitors hooked up (one of them is a t.v for watching movies and whatnot) will probably be adding a third once I get the second card.Not sure if number of monitors impacts performance at all(would assume it does, if only by 1-2 fps).
    Last edited by Haptiic; 05-24-2012 at 10:00 PM.

You might see a minor increase w/ another 570, however your bottleneck is your CPU.

I had a 1090t black edition @ 4ghz and had framerate issues. It seemed the CPU could not feed my GPU enough (GPU was usually at around 50% usage) and I had problems. Did another build with an i5-2500k, and even at stock speeds I had a HUGE increase in framerate. I currently run one 560 (non ti), 1920x1080 for rift and a second monitor for desktop, browsing, and so on, and I have a steady 50-60fps at all times, except peak hours in sanctum, then I hit around 35-40.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Prophet of Telara

I dont think you will see any difference, I had 2 gtx-590's in sli with a I7-990x cpu and when one of my cards went bad and just ran on one I didnt see any difference.

I would honestly put that money into an intel cpu and motherboard upgrade. You will see a MUCH bigger performance increase in not only MMOs but in all gaming.

I used to not believe all the talk about intel > amd for gaming, but after switching, I'm a believer.
    Last edited by Bivrington; 05-27-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bivrington View Post
    You might see a minor increase w/ another 570, however your bottleneck is your CPU.

I had a 1090t black edition @ 4ghz and had framerate issues. It seemed the CPU could not feed my GPU enough (GPU was usually at around 50% usage) and I had problems. Did another build with an i5-2500k, and even at stock speeds I had a HUGE increase in framerate. I currently run one 560 (non ti), 1920x1080 for rift and a second monitor for desktop, browsing, and so on, and I have a steady 50-60fps at all times, except peak hours in sanctum, then I hit around 35-40.
    Well i just set it up the other day and while its not 60fps, im getting around 40 fps with everything maxed including super sampling. Although it would appear that my cpu is indeed bottle necking the cards, for now I'm happy were I'm at.

I'm thinking about going over to intel, but I don't really have the money atm to do it, this was the last upgrade I was going to do for a while.
    Last edited by Haptiic; 05-28-2012 at 09:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread