+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone else getting slower download speeds?

Default Anyone else getting slower download speeds?

I've noticed over the past month or so that my download speeds for patches has dropped drastically. I used to download Rift patches at no slower than 1MB/s, but now I'm lucky to break 300KB/s. >_> I thought it might be my net, so I tried downloading something off of steam and came up with a steady speed of 1.7MB/s, so it ruled that out. I'm not talking a single occasion here either- it has particularly been this way for me since the patcher switched to streaming (I have 2 clients on 1 machine, so I have to twice for each patch that comes out. And yes, for anyone who thinks of this- I do patch them separately, never at the same time :-P).

Is anyone else getting this, or have any suggestions as to something I might do to correct the situation?
    Last edited by Tolmos; 05-22-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Yes, they've mentioned that -- the pre-streaming client tended to use more streams at once, this one doesn't. Check dev tracker for posts from jlu about it, I think.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread