+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Constant Recent Client Crashes

General of Telara

Default Constant Recent Client Crashes

Ever since the patch where Trion introduced the new loading screens my client has been crashing occasionally. Before this patch I can count the number of times I've ever crashed on one hand (playing since head-start) so I'm fairly certain its something that has been introduced with a patch. To make matters worse, with this latest patch ( 1.8 #7 ) the crashes have been becoming so frequent there starting to become greatly annoying. They always happen while my character is changing zones in the loading screen. About 1 in 3 zone changes, at 94% load the music will cut out, the screen will turn black, and 3-4 seconds later the client crashes to desktop with the error handler. Sometimes the crashes come when I open my in-game map as well, and typically when they do in this manner the textures on the map will either fail to load or display improperly.

Steps I have performed to attempt to solve this issue:
    Re-install the entire game
    Close all background applications
    Perform a game file recovery
    Re-install a fresh copy of Windows

My System Specs:
    Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Motherboard
    AMD Athlon II x3 @3.2GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 4670
    4GB G.Skill DDR2 DRAM @800MHz
    360GB Western Digital HDD
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate

I would appreciate any light that can be shed on this problem. It's not preventing me from actually playing the game, but it is a definite sign that something isn't working properly, and it is very annoying. Thank you, Itseotle of Faeblight
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

General of Telara

EDIT: More users seem to be having this problem here
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

+ Reply to Thread