+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Patch Updating

Soulwalker

Default Rift Patch Updating

When I tried to laund my Rift game this afternoon, i received this notification.

Rift Patch Needs Updating, Update Now? Normal enough for me since I have been playing the game since August 2011. The following occurred during the update:

The updater ran as normal but did not finish as usual by launching into the game. I received a "suspicious file activity" notice from the File Insight routine of my Norton Virus system functionally deleting the "riftpatchlive.exe". Not sure what is different, but when I attempted to execute the game after the failure, the shortcut on my desktop said the file had been modified or moved. I went to the Rift directory and attempted to execute within the file structure and received unable to open for writing "riftpatcherrorhandler.exe". i deleted the file and attempted it again. Same results. I also noticed an rift_error_handler process begins each time it attempt the operation, but does not terminate properly.

I have an online backup of the last rift patcher update, so I moved a copy to the primary location and attempted the run the game. Started in the same manner with the same results. Can anyone help me with what I should not next?

Thanks

Soulwalker

Default Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by robertsth View Post
    When I tried to laund my Rift game this afternoon, i received this notification.

Rift Patch Needs Updating, Update Now? Normal enough for me since I have been playing the game since August 2011. The following occurred during the update:

The updater ran as normal but did not finish as usual by launching into the game. I received a "suspicious file activity" notice from the File Insight routine of my Norton Virus system functionally deleting the "riftpatchlive.exe". Not sure what is different, but when I attempted to execute the game after the failure, the shortcut on my desktop said the file had been modified or moved. I went to the Rift directory and attempted to execute within the file structure and received unable to open for writing "riftpatcherrorhandler.exe". i deleted the file and attempted it again. Same results. I also noticed an rift_error_handler process begins each time it attempt the operation, but does not terminate properly.

I have an online backup of the last rift patcher update, so I moved a copy to the primary location and attempted the run the game. Started in the same manner with the same results. Can anyone help me with what I should not next?

Thanks
    Yes, I have exactly the same problem and I am running Nortons

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by robertsth View Post

Thanks
    My Norton Sonar removed the Rift Patcher cus it said it was acting suspiciously and so now I cannot play the game as it will not launch the game. And I tried to rerun the process and Norton again stomped in and deleted the Rift Patcher. I cannot play the game now it will not launch. So why is that ?

Soulwalker

Default fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    My Norton Sonar removed the Rift Patcher cus it said it was acting suspiciously and so now I cannot play the game as it will not launch the game. And I tried to rerun the process and Norton again stomped in and deleted the Rift Patcher. I cannot play the game now it will not launch. So why is that ?
    I reinstated the file from quarantine and turned off sonar, its now downloading

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrot View Post
    I reinstated the file from quarantine and turned off sonar, its now downloading
    tell norton to not let sonar block the file in future

Shadowlander

Default Live update and Norton

Norton is not letting new update work.

+ Reply to Thread