+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random Lockups with looping sound! Unplayable!

Soulwalker

Default Random Lockups with looping sound! Unplayable!

I have an extremely high end PC Fully updated to all newest drivers i7 2600 AMD 7970

The game is simply unplaable with Random Freezes with looping sound that makes me restart my PC. Ive trired low, med high , no options all options. ANYTHING you can think off.

I need an answer to this or im done with Rift before I get started.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

My first thought is a Driver issue, here's the latest AMD Catalyst 12.3 WHQL, note the quoted bit:

Catalyst 12.3 now fully supports the AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 and AMD Radeon HD 7700 series of products
    clicky click >> http://www.guru3d.com/news/amd-catal...-whql-drivers/

That page also has alist of known bugs/crashes that are resolved for other games, it doesn't mention Rift though

If you already have 12.3 installed then i'd start to suspect a RAM issue or maybe a PSU issue or overheating/overclocked a bit too much?

Sorry if you've already thought of these things, just trying to throw a few ideas across

Soulwalker

Definately NOT RAM, as I replaced the stock RAM with 16MB of Ripjaws and tested using mem test. I have an alienware aurora R3 and the 7970 is on a waterblock so it is most definately not overheating.

+ Reply to Thread