+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re-Installed - Error #1012

Soulwalker

Default Re-Installed - Error #1012

I have un-installed / re-installed Rift several times over the past 3 days. The patcher updates and after logging in the normal game update starts however it continues to throw Error #1012 try again later....

Any thoughts regarding a fix?

Soulwalker

I'm getting the same error code.. The patcher starts up fine but when I try to play it crashes (and then sends a bug report).

When I try to do a recovery it goes for a bit and crashes with a Error #1012 saying it cannot recover at this time and to try again in a few minutes.. Of course I do and I get the same issue.. I run Rift through my Steam library if that matters at all..

Soulwalker

Default Game Working

After uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times a day for the past week, I finally have a working client and got to play today. After each reinstall I continued to get hung up after the patcher updated the game would begin Checking Local Files ending in Error Code #1012.

I found a post that referenced the manifest.txt file, which was not present in my /Rift directory. So I copied the manifest.txt file from the PTS client to my Live directory and editing the first line version information.

The game updated without throwing an error and everything is working. No idea if this fixed the issue or something changed server side but thought i would share it.

Thx for the info. Currently trying to download the client, and will check the folders if/when it completes. Here's hoping.

Downloading the client seems to have fixed the issue for me....

+ Reply to Thread