+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Want to gain 5-30 more FPS for FREE? Check out this unbelieveable bug.

Rift Master

Default Want to gain 5-30 more FPS for FREE? Check out this unbelieveable bug.

Long story short, my computer is crazy specced. Yet I was getting 30 fps with 3x monitor Eyefinity with a new 7970. I was beyond annoyed that I spent so much dough for almost nothing. So, I decided to play my 50 Cleric alt since I was beyond annoyed at the current state of Rogues and the communication surrounding it all. So stop QQing right? Wrong, because of the QQing, I found out this game changing bug.

My main Rogue got 30 fps, staring at a wall naked with no addons and everything reset to low/defaults. My Cleric alt, with the exact same setup in the same spot got a whopping 109!!! I spent forever deleteing things, repairing, etc. Nothing worked. So I had to think of what is the only difference between these 2 toons other than the QQing? Very simple. Macros.

Yes, Macros. My Rogue has every single one of them filled up. Deleteing 10 of them yielded me 30 more fps than before. Keep in mind my setup will obviously yield me more than you but even if you gain 5 fps, why are Macros that aren't even on a hotbar killing fps?

Try it out.

Edit: 15 deleted, 35 remain used. Some guildies are reporting it worked/didn't for them. It might be a bugged slot as I deleted 15 random ones.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 03-07-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Rift Master

Furthermore:

If you have a spec with 0 Macros on your hotbar, you will have high fps compared to a spec with 4+ macros on your hotbar.

Same wall, same spot, swapped from a 51MM to my Bloodstalker and lost 20 fps. Swapped back and gained it. My Bloodstalker has numerous macros on the hotbar.

So if you aren't gaining fps from deleteing macros from the macro editor, it's most likely because they are currently on your hotbar.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 03-07-2012 at 03:04 PM.
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Interesting.I don't have any fps issues, but then again i don't have alot of macros either haha.I'll note this for the future and tell others aswell.

Someone discovered this a month or two back, it's in a thread somewhere.

And yes it's as puzzling now as it was then.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Rift Master

I ended up with 83FPS on Ultra settings with a Triple monitor Eyefinity setup. In Meridan to boot. It's like I'm playing a new game after deleting 20+ Macros.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 03-07-2012 at 03:41 PM.

A cool way to stop the macro users, give em poor framerates until they delete them. Nice one Trion.

Yes, i know it's not done on purpose.
    Last edited by MajorMelchett; 03-07-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Level 50 Mage - Naritta@Icewatch.
    Level 50 Rogue - Naritta@Bloodiron.

This is very interesting and I'd really like to see a dev response to it. Sadly I use mouseover macros for all my healing spells and I'm not able to give that up without ugly consequence WTB Trion solution for mouseover casting that doesn't involve macros.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

To clarify:

Are you talking macros-on-bars, or macros-defined?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Disciple

Just tried it, deleted about 10 macros i think, and i went up almost 10 fps in meridian

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    To clarify:

Are you talking macros-on-bars, or macros-defined?
    Both make a difference.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

A couple of more detailed questions:

1. If you see this, are you on ATI or nVidia graphics?
    2. Does it matter whether the macros are on bars or not?
    3. Does it matter whether the macros have contents other than, say, a #show?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Narfalicious View Post
    Both make a difference.
    Interesting. Reason I ask is, I've just gone and created 20ish macros on PTS, and added them to bars, and my frame rate is stable. Either it's fixed on PTS, or I'm missing something.

Rift Master

Interesting. Reason I ask is, I've just gone and created 20ish macros on PTS, and added them to bars, and my frame rate is stable. Either it's fixed on PTS, or I'm missing something.
    It must be when you start out with a large amount like I did. I had all 50 slots taken.

A couple of more detailed questions:

1. If you see this, are you on ATI or nVidia graphics?
    2. Does it matter whether the macros are on bars or not?
    3. Does it matter whether the macros have contents other than, say, a #show?
    ATI 7970.
    Yes, both matter.
    No.

Interesting. That sounds like it may be a near-the-limit thing. I wonder whether this is why the original macro limit was small.

Hmm. Well, this is a mystery.

I have an AMD 6950, and I have every macro slot filled on PTS, and my frame rate hasn't changed at all; 29fps, 29fps after. Just standing in Meridian (empty on PTS).

Standing facing a wall, I get 40fps whether or not I have any bars displayed, and whether or not I delete all the macros.

You Sir, are my new hero. Thanks for this incredible find.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast