+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strangest Problem

Soulwalker

Default Strangest Problem

Rift has been working great for me since I subbed about 2 weeks ago. I've been playing with the graphics to see if I could improve performance and I also just moved the program directory to my solid state drives to improve load times.

Now I have the strangest issue. I'll be playing the game and it will randomly take me to a loading screen as if I just entered another area and the sound will cut out and in and it will keep reloading almost as if it's crashing but sometimes it will load right back into the level I was in or it will take me to another place, like where I last was before say, the dungeon that I had just entered. Then it will hit the loading screen immediately after the area comes up and it will just loop like that... if that makes any sense. I have a suspicion that it's something with my graphics but it also makes this weird pop on my speakers like the sound is being cut out - almost like my sound card is going out but I know its not because I can play music and other games no problem - it's just this game that's doing it.

What the heck?

Have you tried the... ugh, not at the game comp... oh what is it called... patch game files? Some button you can select after logging in that verifies the game/patch files are not corrupt.

Telaran

(Sorry double post)
    Last edited by Orbellix; 02-12-2012 at 02:24 PM. Reason: (Sorry double post)

Telaran

Did you install it onto your SSD or just drag it onto it, try install it correctly on the SSD.
    If you did install it on the SSD open the game launcher, At the bottom right click settings, then reset all settings. After that login and then you will see a recover button at the bottom right again, Hit that and let it do its thing. That's all I can think of.

Lastly probably nothing to do with your sound but worth a try:
    Disable Reverb sound and enable or disable Audio in background.

If anything else comes to mind I'll be sure to let you know.
    Good luck! and let us know if you manage to fix this.

I have had that happen before, but only when in peak times and in high load areas like major cities, and only a couple of times.
    Perhaps it's a latency issue, or something like that.

Soulwalker

Thank you all for your suggestions/comments.

I copied it back to my mechanical drive like it was before and the problem persists! Sometimes when it loads me back to sanctum or wherever, I will be falling through the ground! SO weird. I have a suspicion that its something in my config. I'm going to try what you said and reset the settings.

Thanks and I'll let you know what happens! Great forums!

+ Reply to Thread