+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After making UI adjustments, random bars 'Revert' or move themselves...

Default After making UI adjustments, random bars 'Revert' or move themselves...

I went through the first 8 pages and tried using the search tool for similar issues, but came up empty handed.

I keep TRYING to make use of the current options available for UI customization. During my days of WoW, I took great pride in crafting my own UI. (Example: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...710191036.jpg/ )

I keep running across problems making it very difficult. I try to adjust my bars and portraits the way I want them, and when I click 'Save', they move to something I did not place. After logging on and off several times and adjusting the bars many different ways, I finally got THAT issue to stop (for now). Maybe the last patch fixed it? I'm not sure...

And now I've come across another, very similar, issue. I've tried lowering the original '1 2 3 4' bar OFF the screen where only the XP bar shows.

Like so: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...211222154.jpg/

Works out OK, when I save the layout nothing moves. However whenever I enter an instance, Die, Change roles, use a portal, or do anything else with a small loading screen, it reverts to this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...211222231.jpg/

If anyone can give me some insight as to whats causing this so that I may hit it with a hammer, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, is there any word at all as to when Trion will allow more control over the UI? I would kill to have a similar setup to my old WoW UI. If nothing else, be able to move Debuff/buffs separately and remove Portraits.

Though the standard UI options are much better than other MMO's have given, it's still very lack-luster for people like me who love adjusting everything on our screens.
    Mage in <Lucidium>

Telaran

Mine also does this. Well sort of the same, Example: my rift loot icon will pop-up and i'll loot it, it pops up again it may slowly move in a random direction, eventually going off the screen. Can do it with anything.
    Unforchantly i don't have an answer
    Last edited by Orbellix; 02-12-2012 at 03:29 AM.

After having made this post, when I started an Instant Adventure yesterday I actually noticed exactly what Orbellix described.

I did not adjust it at all, and now the Planar loot icon is next to my player portrait! Why are these things adjusting themselves?
    Mage in <Lucidium>

Telaran

There's a real bug in the game knocking all are UI around as it scuttles around the code!
    Its annoying to be honest. I've no idea how to stop it, except it may go back on its own or manually move it back.
    Last edited by Orbellix; 02-12-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Well known bug, happens to me all the time. Seems to occur the most after a loading screen.

Don't think there is any real fix for this. Sometimes it just stops doing it for a couple weeks, then decides to act up again.

Telaran

Same here, the more annoying is the raid bar, at start they are link to each other (when i move one, every raid bar move), and the link break always

Telaran

Well hopefully the DEVs are aware of this issue and fix it soon!

One band aid fix would be to when you get it set up how you want it, run /exportui RightUI. Then make a macro that is /importui RightUI and keep that on your bars. UI screwed up? Click it!
    Last edited by Warden; 02-13-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    One band aid fix would be to when you get it set up how you want it, run /exportui RightUI. Then make a macro that is /importui RightUI and keep that on your bars. UI screwed up? Click it!
    I will be trying this the next time I log on. Thank you for posting that!

It's extremely aggravating to be so dead set on a setup, only to have to adjust it every few MINUTES to keep it the way you want.
    Mage in <Lucidium>

Telaran

Thanks Warden I'll also try that. Strange though because I haven't had the problem in a few days, but its like that, might do it for a few days then stop.

Disappointed to say that the "band-aid" doesn't work for my specific issue.

Apparently, the game believes that my SAVED UI is the 2nd picture. It will allow me to move the default key-bar as I please, but anytime the UI has to be reloaded, it reverts to the default. I very much appreciate the suggestion though.

Would love a fix! >.<
    Mage in <Lucidium>

The problem is really the fact that when some of the UI items are floating and not anchored. They end up resetting and either sticking to the top left corner or where they are when the UI is default. It really annoyed the crap out of me until I went out of my way to utilize some of the unused ability bars as anchor points.

The same applies to the original ability bar with the XP. I was unable to find a way to adjust it so I only saw the XP bar. I eventually just caved in and kept using it instead.

This is how odd mine is now: http://cupcakeful.com/rift/2012-02-14_140830.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Solved View Post
    Disappointed to say that the "band-aid" doesn't work for my specific issue.

Apparently, the game believes that my SAVED UI is the 2nd picture. It will allow me to move the default key-bar as I please, but anytime the UI has to be reloaded, it reverts to the default. I very much appreciate the suggestion though.

Would love a fix! >.<
    Worth a shot! I found that after the game came out my bags always moved, but that seems to have been fixed. Hopefully this will come up sooner then later.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    Worth a shot! I found that after the game came out my bags always moved, but that seems to have been fixed. Hopefully this will come up sooner then later.
    That actually still crops up. I'm still seeing my bags trying to hide underneath of other bags on occasion. Worse still when you try to park them right up against the edge of the game window the next time you log in they shift away from the edge by something like 50 pixels.

Frankly, the UI has quite a few issues. Bags still creep, bags don't like to hug the edge of the game window, the checkbox for world event tracking doesn't "remember" the setting between logins much less client sessions, you can't manually resize buff boxes (all of them, pet, party member, yours, target, etc.), you can't move buff boxes, and you can't click through buff boxes.

The latter three make tanking a real pain in the butt because it creates huge f****** dead zones where trying to left click on mobs (or players) or trying to right-click to pan the camera doesn't work.

+ Reply to Thread